Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Leaking Aygo

jaydoy

My Aygo has leaked once or twice, one time was quite bad, I had to take the front passenger mat out and let it dry out. Ive noticed it tends to do it only when the rain is very heavy or constant. And also, it happens when I park in a particular place. I sometimes have to park on the curb outside my house, so theres two wheels on the curb, two wheels on the road. This means my car is slanted and it allows the water to run into the car.

Last time it leaked, I wiped the seals down with a cloth as there was a lot of dust from the road on them, it hasn't leaked since ive done that :)

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sue R

• T.F.S.B.I.G.W.S.

• Jan van de Wouw

• Zaaro

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

:thumbsup:
Have any of you guys taken photo's of the leaking seals and the newly replaced seals ? this is a 9 page thread with no photo's :D :D .

I went to buy a 2nd hand AYGO today and its just out of warreny...it has a leak in the boot :rolleyes: , do we know the prices of the seal for the boot and the light cluster seals ? i would knock the dealer down be maybe £500 if i can get away with it.

:) I will take some pics of the extra seal, and the new foam that they have placed behind the Speakers.

My Car's boot does not leak so, I dont know what changes are made to resolve these issues in the boot.

Ok Here we go :)

this first picture is the extra rubber seal they have placed, and replaced above the door - has not fixed anything yet, actually just got me annoyed, as I had to take the car to the dealer 3 times since i first saw the leak, upto this last time that they glued a new one correctly.

post-75132-1256844789_thumb.jpg

This Second pic, is a pic of the foamy stuff behind the Speakers. Initially it was a softer black foam, that captured water easily, this one is more dense, more like plastic... - the dealer said that this one should definately solve my cars leaking issues :) lets hope so!!

post-75132-1256845068_thumb.jpg - Has anyone had these fitted?? or does everyone have the black foamy things behind the Speakers??

(Please disregard the whole mess... have not washed the car in at least a week)

Seal above door is the same as ours, but it's not as a long as we have a five door so it has to be slightly shorter. Our model is a 2006 version so the fornt Speakers are in the dash so no issue with speaker seals.

Got the aygo back last night, had a proper look at it this morning after the rain, no leaks :D They replaced the cloth on the back seat, also said water was getting in through the rear brake lights :unsure: replaced them and the seals in the roof. Here's hoping it don't happen again!

Seal above door is the same as ours, but it's not as a long as we have a five door so it has to be slightly shorter. Our model is a 2006 version so the fornt speakers are in the dash so no issue with speaker seals.

Whoops mine is also a five door! do you think they placed the wrong seals on my car or on yours??

It still has not rained so I cant say if the speaker seals have fixed the issue or not.

Even if the car does not have front Speakers, it should have the holes in the door panel (the metallic part)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links