Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fitting A Rev Counter / Tacho

Unklian

Hi all

This is my first post here having bought a 2 year old Aygo Platinum last weekend. The car will mainly be used for local journeys & for my 17 year old son to learn to drive in :help:

Having read the helpful threads here I decided a rev counter was a good thing to add to the car - useful & adds to the 'funky' looks IMHO.

After searching high and low (including eBay & scrap dealers) I was surprised to find the best price (less than £100!) available was from a Toyota Dealer. I havene't seen this offer posted elsewhere on these forums so I though I would share:

http://www.thetoyotashop.co.uk/product/Tachometer_83270-0H020-B1

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jan van de Wouw

• Phil White

• Parts-King

• SooZ

For information, Toyota has in the latest January 2011 price list reduced the price of the rev counter kit to £156 inc. VAT and fitting (and of course warranty!!) making the DIY option at £140ish for parts only less attractive.

My main dealer has just honoured this price, so go in waving the official price list - it works.

Wow, in The Netherlands they've RAISED the price for the revcounter bij about 40%!

• 1 month later...

Just trying to do the mod now on the new aygo go an the cover doesn't want to come off? Any ideas?

They can't be one piece, as you can't fit it onto the column that way.

But if you forget to undo the screws behind the steering wheel (left and right) it might feel like that.

Then tilt the column as low as possible and stick your fingers betwee the cowling and dashboard,

now pry upward and the cowling should split. The clips can be quite "grippy", especially on a new car.

• 1 year later...

I assume the wiring is already there in the vehicle ready for the rev counter to plug straight into??

• 1 month later...

Fitted the Peugeot in under 10 minutes and it was about £160 complete; if you need part numbers then please contact me directly as I'll forget to update this posting.

Here we are with the part numbers and prices:

P00006106sl - REVLTN - £125.66

P00006105vk - HEX SCR - £0.99

P00004131fs - column - £10.83

All in with VAT @ 20% to the prices above it was £164.98

I have been looking around the internet for prices for a rev counter and pre cut speedo cowling and tried find a part and one scrap dealer replied saying £50 for them in good nick so i will gor for that i think.

• 4 weeks later...

I decided to give the rev counter a miss from the scrap yard for the above posted price as they sent me a photo of it and it was in a poor condition, i thought £50 seemed too good to be true.

Being in the motor trade i will see what discount i get from Peugeot / Citroen and Toyota.

One of the Peugeot dealers has an eBay shop so i will be interested to see the price difference between their eBay and trade discount prices.

I decided to give the rev counter a miss from the scrap yard

My mate is after one for his C1 and might be less fussy than you about the condition.

Can you PM me the scrappies details please mate?

• 3 weeks later...

I have just bought one from eBay too complete with the matching speedo cowling in mint condition for just under a hundred quid so will fit it as soon as it's delivered.

The rev counter was delivered today and it took me all of 5 minutes to fit it. I think the only possible issue is fitting the speedo cowling back on after the rev counter is fitted as you have to expand this quite a bit to get it to slot over the rev counter but the plastic is quite flexible so damaging it will not be as easy.

I decided to give the rev counter a miss from the scrap yard

My mate is after one for his C1 and might be less fussy than you about the condition.

Can you PM me the scrappies details please mate?

Sorry, i missed this posting but i will try and find the details and PM them to you.

I cant believe how much some people say they have paid for these rev counters.. i have just called my local Toyota garage (Bristol South) and am getting on supplied and fitted for £115.98 :)

• 2 weeks later...

I cant believe how much some people say they have paid for these rev counters.. i have just called my local Toyota garage (Bristol South) and am getting on supplied and fitted for £115.98 :)

That's a fantastic price and I'm sure local Aygo's will be queuing around the block for that price.

hi all

I'm glad I bought my one off ebay

revvac.jpg

it work's well , and look's better in real life

IMHO looks better than the expensive £oyota one yahoo.gifyahoo.gifyahoo.gifyahoo.gif

also with a shift light

but its a bit bright at night !!! blink.gifblink.gifblink.gifblink.gif

I am glad you mentioned about the brightness of the revcounter. Mine seems very dull in comparison to the speedo and wondered if there was a bulb out inside it althought it is eveny illuminated

The Rev Counter (Tachometer) is on the new Toyota Price List at £114.20 including VAT & Fitting.

Be interesting to see what they would charge to supply only without fitting?

Just paid a visit to my local Toyota dealer. The list price for the rev counter is now £118 inc.VAT fitted, or £98 inc.VAT supply only. They also offered a discount bringing the price down to £90, making the genuine Toyota part cheaper than Peugeot, Citroen, or the prices being offered on eBay.

Refreshing change the Toyota part being cheaper than PSA. When we were selling them, they were about £180 and the most expensive :rolleyes:

Kingo :thumbsup:

• 4 months later...

fitted the rev counter today and as everyone has said its a piece of cake to fit it ,i have used the original cover and cut the slot out and that was really easy i used tin snips and they cut through the plastic so easily then for the curves at the bottom i use a flap wheel in a drill and shaped them nicely too.

thanks for everyone help and advise

• 4 months later...

Thinking of fitting one in my new aygo. It is on the list of things to do. My first priority is sound proofing. But will try and find one in a scrap yard is possible. Umm with regards to cutting out the old cowling yourself, That is all well and good if you have the kit and skill to make it look as neat as the custom made cowling.

Found a RHD OR LHD cowling without rev counter on a c1 parts site for £12.50. Now just need a rev counter.Which cowling is better LHD or RHD, do you think, if you had the choice.