• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jan van de Wouw

• Phil White

• Parts-King

• SooZ

On a RHD car get a RHD cowling: it will make the revcounter "lean" towards the A-pillar, which looks more balanced.

Before buying anything else: have you checked if the connector for the revcounter is under the cowling?

On Newer Aygos without some options (like P/S) the connector might not even be there!

Hi. It took me seconds to fit. Aygo blue 2010. Yes all the connections were there and it works fine. Also the cowling I bought came and fits perfectly.

just wanted to say thanks for the photographic idiot proof guide ... took me less than 5 minutes to fit the dial and replace the cowling.

Cheers!

Glad to see people are still using it. Just realised it's 6 years old.

Ian.

• Like 2

• 4 months later...

does the top cowling cover come as one unit ie black & grey or do they clip together ?

see attached picture

post-136222-0-34852400-1386088063_thumb.

• 4 weeks later...

The cowling and bezel fit together with clips, but I think the chances of getting them apart without breaking some/all is high. Looks like they are there for assembly purposes only rather than taking apart. Could easily be glued however if need be.

Some tips from my installation today:

Read that there is no wiring for a tacho in a non- power steering car. (base Citreon and Peugeots only)

Top cowling clips to the lower cowling on the bottom edge. A gentle tug at the top edge were it meets the dash helps with releasing these.

Replacing the cowling impossible with the steering wheel in the ahead position - turn from one lock to the other to ease it in

two bits of top cowling easily come apart-just press down on middle inner grey tab and gently prise apart and do same for other two inner tabs

• 2 years later...

Hi, I fitted a Rev counter today on my 2008 AYGO Platinum. Purchased from eBay complete with top cowling for under £80. Very surprised at how easy this was. The cowling was missing the grey speedo surround but the original one just unclipped with a little persuasion and clipped back into place on the "new" one. Remember to turn the steering wheel when refitting the cowling and all will go smoothly.

• 4 years later...

I was wondering if I could get a help,  I was planning  to do this with my Toyota Aygo 2012. But I couldn’t find the wire to plug in the rev counter. I would appreciate anyone’s assistant 

thanks 

• 2 weeks later...

Have been trying to figure out how to fit an after market revcounter to a 2015 c1. No extra plugs at back of clock .

Any suggestions or experience  on this install