Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Service / Dash / Radio Problem

s0nic

Dear friends,

I was wondering whether anyone can give me a helping hand....I recently bought an 03 Rolla TS which I am extremely happy with.

I was wondering whether anyone has pics on how bad (or good) the radio on their TS fits (dash / radio fit problem)....so I can compare whether mine is ok or not....It seems there may be different tolerances with respect to acceptable gaps ...

Secondly, is there a fix, and perhaps procedure, one can do on his own in this respect...

Another question I have is with respect to the first service....At what mileage should the very first services (oil / oil filter / fuel filter) be affected....

Thanks !

Kindest regards to all

Godwin

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I bought my TSport about a year ago, it was a 53 plate.

The gap was big enough to fit a key through, so I complained, they fitted a whole new dashboard under warranty.

Now, I would say I could slip something the width of a credit card through.

It is because the radio/display etc is too heavy for the mounts.

I'll try to take some pictures to show you what it is like now, probably be next week though.

Hi

I had a Corolla T Sport for just over two years (53 reg). It's first service was at 10,000 miles (cost £92), second at 20,000 miles (cost £150 including brake fluid change) & then a third service at 30,000 miles (cost £95). Each time they did a engine flush too, not sure about the other bits as I don't have the car now.

Prices may have gone up a little too.

My radio was not very well fitted at first. Like Wam said, I could easily get a key in the gap around the trim that held the radio/centre vents (original radio). When I got rid of the T Sport a local car radio company fitted the old radio back in, better than it ever was by Toyota or one of their dealers.

Paul

:wacko:

when i fitted my satnav i had a problem with the radio not going back properly but i soon fixed that.

there are 4 little prongs that the bolts go through to secure the radio, if you flick these up then push the radio back the gap gets smaller, however be careful how much you flick them up as if you do it too much then you can't get the radio back in.

heres a photograph of which bits of trim you need to remove. note you don't need to remove the seat!

n549210633_248559_6546.jpg

and heres a photo of the metal clips you need to flick up

n549210633_248563_7530.jpg

After-00.JPG

4104DSCF0011.JPG

Yeah, i've got that gap problem, but gotten used to it now :lol:

Yeah it's big enough to shove a key into the gap, but after a bit of a push it clips back in for a few days before it pops out again :lol:

If you check out my signature, you can find pics of how to remove the centre console for the H/U removal a well.

Bing

:thumbsup:

Hi there, nice to see a maltese with a t-sport. very rare in malta.

my radio fits very perfectly till now(fingers crossed), and i've had her from new for about a year and a half now. However i always put a sun shield when i park it outside, since the sun here in malta is a killer to any kind of plastic component in the car.

anyway, should you want to meet for a little chat feel free to message me.

Mine looked like it had fallen out and I could easily get a key in mine, it has had 2 new dashes, new mounts, been trimmed etc and it still isn't perfect.

Summer time is when it gets worse

th_DSC00574.jpg th_DSC00575.jpg

At the moment there's still a gap but its liveable - just have to see what it's like in the summer :(

I have never seen a car with this sort of problem and I am shocked - sort it out toyota and give me some freebies ;)

Hi there, nice to see a maltese with a t-sport. very rare in malta.

my radio fits very perfectly till now(fingers crossed), and i've had her from new for about a year and a half now. However i always put a sun shield when i park it outside, since the sun here in malta is a killer to any kind of plastic component in the car.

anyway, should you want to meet for a little chat feel free to message me.

cheers mate....seems there are only 2 locally.....1 in malta and one in gozo.......i stand to be corrected however

just moved on from a starlet turbo

i will email one of these days....

thanks for all

when i fitted my satnav i had a problem with the radio not going back properly but i soon fixed that.

there are 4 little prongs that the bolts go through to secure the radio, if you flick these up then push the radio back the gap gets smaller, however be careful how much you flick them up as if you do it too much then you can't get the radio back in.

heres a photograph of which bits of trim you need to remove. note you don't need to remove the seat!

n549210633_248559_6546.jpg

and heres a photo of the metal clips you need to flick up

n549210633_248563_7530.jpg

thanks mate!!!... the gap on mine is minute, but i want to find how to fix it if it becomes a problem...

cheers once again!

• 4 weeks later...

Hey Sonic, have you fitted a new stereo system for your T-S??

Really need a favor, can you take a couple of pictures of the stock stereo's back? Need to know if I have any option on connecting my ipod directly to the system.

http://toyotaownersclub.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=65808

Thanks!!

Hey Sonic, have you fitted a new stereo system for your T-S??

Really need a favor, can you take a couple of pictures of the stock stereo's back? Need to know if I have any option on connecting my ipod directly to the system.

http://toyotaownersclub.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=65808

Thanks!!

Hi there,

No...not yet.... I am not too sure really whether I should actually replace stock one.

Apologies for not being of any help....If i remove it I will put some pictures up however no worries.

thanks