Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

My Auris

Fred6370

Hello! I am from Norway, that is the reason for my bad english, but i think you will know what i mean!

The Auris is not a car that have so much interest i norway yet, so i will post it here also for some comments.

I got it delivered just a few days ago, so it is not finished yet, but i have put on the Toyota motorsport styiling kit, and some 18 inch wheels.

Toyota Norway can`t deliver lowering springs for a few weeks.... And it is so high that i do not dare to drive it yet, i am afraid to get laughed at... hehe...

But here is my car, lowering springs and black windows is what i am going to do, before i think the car is OK...

And it is a 1,4 D4d...

just arrived

Bilde007.jpg

under constructoin

DSC00095.jpg

And this is how it is today...

DSC00099.jpg

DSC00100.jpg

DSC00106.jpg

nice. body kit looks sweet, not too in your face.

like you said it just needs lowering a touch :thumbsup:

Yep nice Auris , I olso ordered the TMS things :drool: including wheels

Looking good. :yes:

Hi and welcome. :thumbsup:

The more I see of the Auris, the more I like it.

Oh and your English is just as good (if not better) than some English people! :lol:

Well, I know they look small on this car, but it is 18" No problem with space for 19 or even 20"...

But the price will be sooooo much higher! :)

It is not toyoya rims, I bought them frome a local dealer... I got a good price, and I think they look nice!

Well, I know they look small on this car, but it is 18" No problem with space for 19 or even 20"...

But the price will be sooooo much higher! :)

It is not toyoya rims, I bought them frome a local dealer... I got a good price, and I think they look nice!

Shiny, Shiny, Shiny car :drool: Wonderful Wheels :wheelchair::jawdrop::toot:

Weeeee! I got my number plates today, and finally i am driving my new car.

It`s a gooood feling!

Weeeee! I got my number plates today, and finally i am driving my new car.

It`s a gooood feling!

Fred, How do things work over there? I mean it looks like you already had your car and was doing it up and only now have got your plates.

Over here we can't take our car anywhere until it has it's registratiion plates, has road tax and been insured!

xcuse me for my language, but i am drunk.... hehe...

The answer is...

I am a toyota mechanic, i have worked at a toyota workshop? for 10 years now...

That is why i can do things to my car before it is registered...

I got my plates and insurance yesterday, but I have done things to it for some time now...

Do you understand what I mean?? My english is not so good today I think.... :help:

xcuse me for my language, but i am drunk.... hehe...

The answer is...

I am a toyota mechanic, i have worked at a toyota workshop? for 10 years now...

That is why i can do things to my car before it is registered...

I got my plates and insurance yesterday, but I have done things to it for some time now...

Do you understand what I mean?? My english is not so good today I think.... :help:

haha, there is nothing wrong with your English mate! it's even better when you're drunk :P hehe

Ah right I see, So being a Mechanic has some really great perks then!

I'm thinking of selling my Auris :'( I just can't get used to the MM transmission

I'm thinking of selling my Auris :'( I just can't get used to the MM transmission

Ouch that's going to be very expensive for you if you sell it on so soon after buying it. On the plus side, you could give G79 a call and see if he wants it ;)

• 4 weeks later...

Looks great Fred. One question. What effect has fitting the TMS springs had on handling and ride? I guess less roll in corners, less dive under braking - but what about ride? Nicely firm, or bone-shaking hard?

It is a little bit less roll, but with 18 inch whell, you can really feel the road, that is both good and bad, but the handling is actually not that much different frome orginal....

• 1 month later...

Hi to all from Portugal!

Fred6370: Since you're mechanic inToyota, can you please tell us if there's any problem with some Auris in the rear brakes? Some Auris are making strong noises when it stops. Others are making some noises in the central console near the radio. Can you give us some advices on this or other problems with this Auris model?

Another question to all experts in motors:

- The 1.4 D4D can be reprogramed in the ECU, from 90pw & 190 torke to 110pw and 240 torke. Is this safe to the engine and transmission parts? Does it make this engine more economic on diesel saving?

Or its better some PowerBox to do the same thing?

By the way, has you all know there is a new Corolla Sedan 2007, what's your opinion about his built quality(Japan made) vs Auris models(Europe made) ?

I am about to by the new Corolla Sedan 2007, but allways looking to the Auris, all with the 1.4 D4D engine, so your opinions please.

Cheers

Hi to all from Portugal!

Fred6370: Since you're mechanic inToyota, can you please tell us if there's any problem with some Auris in the rear brakes? Some Auris are making strong noises when it stops. Others are making some noises in the central console near the radio. Can you give us some advices on this or other problems with this Auris model?

Another question to all experts in motors:

- The 1.4 D4D can be reprogramed in the ECU, from 90pw & 190 torke to 110pw and 240 torke. Is this safe to the engine and transmission parts? Does it make this engine more economic on diesel saving?

Or its better some PowerBox to do the same thing?

By the way, has you all know there is a new Corolla Sedan 2007, what's your opinion about his built quality(Japan made) vs Auris models(Europe made) ?

I am about to by the new Corolla Sedan 2007, but allways looking to the Auris, all with the 1.4 D4D engine, so your opinions please.

Cheers

Hi Xana nice to see a countryman here eheheheh. I have an Auris and I can help you with some of your doubts. I actually have that noise you referred to and I told the guys in Toyota about it they asked how many kms the car had and since it has 3000 km only they said to run a few more kms before they try to solve the problem.

Mine does that noise when it starts to move and I wasn't sure if was the brakes or something else but from your words I assume this is becoming general if someone here knows what the problem his please let us know.

As Xana I'm also wondering about the power increase I checked the Toyota tunning parts site and no box for Auris yet but I'm sure they will make it available. If we decide to put it we will by sure have an increase in comsuption but maybe of 0.1 or 0.2 liters per 100 km I think.

Cheers

Mine does that noise when it starts to move and I wasn't sure if was the brakes or something else but from your words I assume this is becoming general if someone here knows what the problem his please let us know.

Hi :) , all Toyota officials mechanics knows that there are some Auris that do this noise on the barkes, and they already know what is the problem, since Toyota Japan have informed them. So you have to tell them that and they just replacesome parts of the brakes that aren't doing well. Exactly I don't know what part of the brakes it is, but they already know it.

Do you think a PowerSet is better that reprograming the ECU?

Cheers

Cheers

Hi :) , all Toyota officials mechanics knows that there are some Auris that do this noise on the barkes, and they already know what is the problem, since Toyota Japan have informed them. So you have to tell them that and they just replacesome parts of the brakes that aren't doing well. Exactly I don't know what part of the brakes it is, but they already know it.

Do you think a PowerSet is better that reprograming the ECU?

Cheers

I'm not an expert but I would say yes. Besides I'm not sure if Toyota will reprogram the original one and keep the original warranty. However reprograming can have some reprecautions like a bigger increase in comsuption. Ask your dealer if they they can reprogram it but my guess is that they will say no and if you do it outside you can put in risk your warranty.

If you are referring to the noise as you move off, like a knock or click, this is the ABS pump kicking in.

It doesn't happen when you stop though - so that maybe something else

I did not know that it was possible to reprogram the ecu, but I will look into that. If anyone has more info, that would be great!

Brakes.. In the front, i have changes the brake pads, and the noise went away, I also had noise frome the rear brakes, and there I changed brake pads and the bracket(?) that holds the pads, so now it is silence!

I also have a problem with noise frome the fuel tank when it is over 3/4 full, but I have not done anything with that yet, I guess there will come a new and improved tank some day...

I have not heard about any noise frome the radio area yet...

On my last car, a corolla 1,4D4d, I used a cheap powerbox, bought frome denmark, and it worked great. 0,1l less pr 10km actually! And more power. Have not tried anything like this on any Auris yet.

And one more thing Buy the after market center console/ arm rest. It is a "must have" item.

If you have any more questions, I will try to answer as best as I can.

Fred

Thanks Fred, and yes it's from the back brakes I think at least it sounds like that. Makes that typical brake noise when you are really forcing a car in a downhill. I will tell them this and I hope they change the pads then. The ABS noise i also noticed that since the beginning but the manual says its normal so no problem with that besides that one only happens first time you move the car. This brakes noise happens almost every time i stop.

A few more problems altouhgt the most complicated one is related to the alarm which is not from Toyota. For some reason here in Portugal Toyota installs alarms from other suppliers, i.e., not toyota alarms. I don't have any problem with this since they even have more features.

I already wrote my problem in another post but basically its connected with the headlights sensor if I leave it in Auto lock the car with the alarm. When night comes headlights go on without anyone in. They still couldn't solve this. I'm waiting for them to book a visit from Tecnimaster (alarm company) and get me a replace car so that I can leave mine there.

I also had a problem with my seat squiquing but that one was solved last time I went there. I'm also starting to notice those noises coming from the dashboard but only in bumpy roads and radio off.

I must get that center console hope that someone gets a pic fast and as Xana I hope I can add a power box soon too. Just a correction Xana power box according to Toyota Tunning will provide 116 hp at least at the corolla. No reason not to do it in the Auris.

Hi again,

Yes it's possible to reprograme the ECU on the 1.4 D4D, here you can check it out on a test, you can see the 1.4 D4D original power, and the 1.4 D4D with the reprogramed ECU:

http://www.tuning.online.pt/forum/toyota-c...ower-t4317.html

Original ECU -------- Reprogramed ECU

97 ps ---------------> 122 ps

196 torque --------> 252 torque

Fread: you say that you use a cheap powerbox, bought from denmark, and it worked great on the 1.4 D4D, but how much kilometers did you use it? Never had problems with it?

Can you give us the link of the produt or the name of it?

Are you gone try it on the Auris, since it's the same engine or it doesn't fit on the Auris?

What's the opinion of the cheef enginier in the Toyota office where you work about this PowerBox or reprogramed ECU?

Grippen: I think I have already seen on the autohoje forum some topic with that alarm problem... correct? - I'm from Portugal as well :thumbsup:

Cheers

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links