Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Yaris Car Mats

danny6684

Hi all,

I need some help.

When i bought my Yaris it was without car mats and the ones i purchased keep moving up and down the floor while i drive and it is getting on my effing nerves!

My mum has an avensis and has these nifty car mats with locks at the top which lock the mats in place. I think the locks came with the car though as it was bought new.

Does anyone know where i can find these screws or locks for my Yaris. There are two holes on the floor in my car where they can be used. Or if anyone knows how you can stop the mats from moving using these holes. My car mats have rubbered bottoms but still moves.

Cheers everyone

Danny

It will have to be a custom one mate or a scrap yard and look for a wrecked yaris!

The matt stopper is a curved bit of plastic that is screwed into floor!

Good look

Some years ago I anchored an indoor house carpet using what were effectively whacking great press-studs which were fitted with about half an inch of wood-screw on the back. The idea was that you screwed the button part to the floor and stiched the springy cap thingy to the underside of the carpet.

I'm sure that said devices were obtained from the haberdashery depeartment of a biggish store and were not very expensive. If you can find them they should do the trick; they certainly did the job as far as our rug was concerned!

Cully

Yaris SR - what are you on about :rolleyes: :P :lol: ;)

The clips come with the Toyota mats (only) and NOT with the car, so the only way to solve it is to buy some expensive mats that wont slip about or some Toyota ones :thumbsup:

It also ISN'T screwed to the floor but is clipped in

*Check the price of Toyota ones as the prices tends to go up and down and you might be able to get them for the same price as an expensive set

Sod it,

Im gonna get some velcro from work 2mrw and c how it goes. I tried a hair pin but no luck.

Cheers for your suggestions thought, ill let u know how the velcro thing worked out

xx

This is what you need. I have a couple; I think you only need one. Unfortunately there is no part number on it.

Give the parts department at Toyota a call :thumbsup:

mat.jpg

Danny, Dont bother with ANY of the above - I bought some cheap JML ones for £10 in Woolworths - (universal car mats), and they work brilliant. They have NEVER slipped, and they fit like a dream :o)

(even better, as I bought them with a gift voucher - - so they were FREE!!

Hello all,

I used some velcro on the car mats this afternoon and so far they have worked a treat. You cant see anything, didnt have to buy other mats and best of all it was completely free.

I normally find that going the cheap/free option is normally best and most effective. I place my mp3 players in the cigarette ash compartment and i can change songs while driving.

Just another reason why i love my yaris so much.

Cheers again for everyones suggestions !!!!!! D x x

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links