Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Question...

sautan

Dear All

I have few questions...guess most people have asked before...

1) Anyone out there driving a new model Camry 2003 4/2.4L?

What is the mileage read after you burned a FULL Tank of gas?

2) Anyone ever install a TURBO in CAMRY??? :eek: :P

If yes, how many horses you gain?

Thanks

Camry 2002 - 4 cylinder engine. Highway mileage is 35 mpg at about 70 mph. City mileage and distance on a full tank I consider absolutely useless since you cannot compare apples to apples.

Thanks

But i think the number i really need is what will be the mileage you can maximize in a full tank of gas under normal driving condition...

Full tank is 17+ gallons.. I normally drive until the tank pretty much dry.... everytime when i fill the gas...i will have to fill approx 16.5 ro some time 17 gallons... and my number show only 360 +/- ...

what you guys get...and it doesn't sound normal when you have a 24/35 mileage rating.

Even when i drive on the freeway....i got the most is 450....dry!!!

advise please

OK, I will do a little math for you.

Full tank is 18.5 gal. Multiply it by 35 mpg. The distance will be 647.5 mi. I hope this is the number you were looking for.

Mike

600+ mile on a full tank... :o

I wish you can get 600+ miles on full tank, and if you do, i beg you to let me know how you can get 600+ miles??? Now based on the calculation yes... but actual...can you get this much??? The best i can go with a Full tank is only 380...no more than that...and that's when i almost dry out the tank...

The number 35 mpg came from my multiple freeway tests. I frequently drive from PA to CT and back. Distance is 350 mi. At the destination fuel gage shows about 1/2 tank. In reality I have to add 10 gal to make it full again.

Now, how do I do that? Nothing special. I believe my engine is the same as yours. I bought the car new and broke it in according to the book: first 1000 mi - no more than 55 mph. After that my regular freeway speed is about 70 mph.

What else? I use all the little things to get better fuel mileage. Tire pressure is 31 psi. Fuel - regular (the cheepest one). Oil - Pennzoil 5W30. I seldom use air conditioning and try to keep my windows closed on freeway. Also I am trying not to use brakes on freeway unless I have to. All this combined gives me 35 mpg in summer time. Factory specs call for 32 mpg with automatic transmission.

Check carefully what is your mileage. I recommend to do it on a single freeway trip. Before that fill the tank all the way up until fuel runs out. Right after the trip fill it again the same way. Do a little math and you have the answer. Perform it several times just to check yourself. If it still outside the specs, go the dealer. This is what warranty is for.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links