Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Servicing Costs?

MilanoChris

I am confused.

I am (I hope) buying a new Aygo Blue (unseen) and thought it was a good idea to opt for the £350 service package. Just now my bank advisor (on phone) pointed out that at an annual mileage of between 5,000 and 6,000 (I motor only on the Isle of Skye) I would be losing out. Service interval 20,000 miles etc ? I persuaded the salesman to cancel this arrangement, but he did so protesting that Toyota warranty required a yearly service appointment.

Can anyone help me with the precise effect of Aygo servicing on warranty? I have yet to sign on the deal so I still have the service plan option.

This is a really great site and extremely helpful. Any thoughts?

Nibsco

The bank advisor's acuity really impressed (in fact floored) me. He needs promotion!

The service interval on the car is 1 year or 10,000 miles which ever occurs sooner. You need to have it serviced at those intervals to keep the Toyota warranty. With the mileage you are doing you will need to have a service every year so it depends on how long you are keeping the car on whether the service package deal is worth it.

Thanks for that

I'll be keeping it for at least three years. If services are about the £90-£100 mark I can't see the benefit. Or is it simply a way to avoid excessive charging?

Nibsco

Your first years service would be about £90 - £100

Your second years service would be approx £130 or slightly more.......(more work involved and possible cost of brake fluid change)

Your third years service should be about the same as (or slightly more than) the first year service.

The advantage of paying up front is that it may guard aginst rising labour costs for servicing.

"You pays your money you makes your choice"...........................good luck :thumbsup:

That's a good point, services 1, 2 and 3 are the same on the Aygo but you will need a brake fluid change in year 2 but best to check that it is covered by the service schedule.

Just for information's sake I asked the supplying dealer Arnold Clark down in Glasgow for curent quotes:

1st year £112.75

2nd year £238.34

3rd year £145.07

Needless to say I opted for the £349 plan.

They also mentioned

4th year £290.88

Hmmm

Nibsco

• 2 weeks later...

I got a service plan from RRG Toyota £250 for 1st 2 services plus an MOT on the 3rd year...

Thought that was quite reasonable..

Hi guys, new to the site. I own a Honda Integra DC5 and am looking at buying the Aygo 1.0 sport for my wife as the main car as mine is used mainly for trsck days and weekend fun. It's not particularly comfortable to drive due to the coilovers and it isn't exactly economical.

Anyways, I was at the Totota dealer looking at the costs and the servicing costs seemed quite high. Ranging from 160 odd to 250 odd over the years. Mine's a pretty high maintenence car but it costs me just under £100 for a minor service and about £250 ish every three years for the valve clearences.

Just wondering if these costs are the norm, or if I've managed to found an expensive dealer?

i got mine from lister in nuneaton on pcp, but i take mine to toyota world in tamworth for the service which was just over a £100, the 6 weeks service is free.

alot on insurance for me it is £1138 (i am 20 that was 4 day after passing, ful com, 10000miles + 1000 bus miles)

i get about 160 miles from £20

10000 mile service done in Jan 07 cost £78 (including something ridiculous like £3 for 500ml of windscreen wash fluid!)

20000 mile service booked for tomorrow, quoted £129.

Lindop Bros., Queensferry, Chester.