Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Child Seat In 2000 Celica

matty2767

hello

i know this topic has been discussed before but when i looked at the other posts they seemed inconclusive so i thought i would post again.

the inlaws have a 2000 (x reg) celica and want to take my daughter on hols. as far as i was aware there are no car seats available because of the shape of the rear seats but they have been told by the local toyota garage that the graco junior (as per page 1486 of the new argos catalogue) will fit.

i just wanted to know if anyone had any luck with this seat. i would prefer my daughter not to go away if it meant being in a seat that didnt fit properly. there are no details on the graco website of which cars it does and doesnt fit so without buying the seat and testing it we dont have many options.

thanks in advance

matthew

Since when did the argos catalogue have over 1486 pages??? :eek:

Maybe its worth a trip to halfrauds, and give a few a go...? I can't see they'd have a problem with you / the in-laws doing it? May be worth checking out Argos' returns policy as well, as that could end up being you're only option...

Hopefully someone else'll come back with a decent answer though that'll save you all the hassle! :thumbsup:

Hi,

I'm pretty sure Argos operate a 16 day money back garuantee policy, so you should be able to buy it, try it, and if it doesn't work take it back and tell them it does not fit and they should give you full refund, no quibbles.

You can try that route,

Good luck

Neil

thanks for the replies. on further investigation it appears that britax do a model that fits the celica so i will be guiding the inlaws to trying that. the problem with graco is that they dont do a car fit guide.

p.s our argos catalogue has aboout 1700 pages. not all good products i admit but a useful reference :)

thanks again

I have a Britax in a 03 Celica. I think its a Freeway model.

The angle of the rear seats holds it nicely in place but you may want to get some non-slip material to go under the baby seat if the car seats are leather.

• 12 years later...

Hi, which Britax seat do you have please, my son has just become a granddad and needs one for his Celica 05 model

The topic is twelve years old, so the Britax models will have changed in that time

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links