Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Auris Diesels - Any Specs?

OldSkoO1

Anyone got any spec docs on the Diesel engines - I'm interested to know if the entire Auris Diesel range is Belt or chain driven .

I opened up a T180 and i'm sure i was looking at a belt. I feel un-easy about belt driven diesels, if that belt snaps the whole engine will break :(

fairly sure they are all chain drive.

TBH if you change it at the reccomended intervals there shouldnt be a problem

• 2 months later...
Anyone got any spec docs on the Diesel engines - I'm interested to know if the entire Auris Diesel range is Belt or chain driven .

I opened up a T180 and i'm sure i was looking at a belt. I feel un-easy about belt driven diesels, if that belt snaps the whole engine will break :(

Honest John/Daily Telegraph in his review states that all Auris models have chain-cam engines.

see: http://www.honestjohn.co.uk/road_tests/index.htm?id=259

Now i've bought a T180 i looked under the bonnet and the belt looks like rubber to me. Even though i dont know what they are suppose to look like.

I could manipulate it slightly in my hands; doesnt seem chain like to me.

:!Removed!:

Shows how much i know about engines, haha :thumbsup:

Thanks for pointing that out

• 2 weeks later...

They are most definatly ALL chain driven, nothing to break (hopefully!) There was never any problem with Toyota cam belts, apart from maybe the old 2E engine, IF YOU CHANGED THEM when they were supposed to be changed. Anyone who wants to fit a chip kit to a D4D engine, take a look at our website here for details on how you can boost performance. :thumbsup: