Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Headlight Swap On Mki Avensis?

ceeyx

has anyone tryed to fit headlights from vvt-i models to older models?

will it be a direct swap or not?

It's not possible, they are different shapes.

it is possible but you will need the front bumper, headlights and the 'stay frt bumper sub assy' bracket. the bumper is only about £70 IIRC and the headlams are cheaper than the mk1 avensis ones. does bring the front end up to date a bit though.

the rear clusters will fit straight in too

• 4 weeks later...

it is possible but you will need the front bumper, headlights and the 'stay frt bumper sub assy' bracket. the bumper is only about £70 IIRC and the headlams are cheaper than the mk1 avensis ones. does bring the front end up to date a bit though.

As I am interested in doing this "project" I have performed a search through google. On this site www.repaint.fi/toyota_avensis.htm it seems that after the "facelift" of the silver Avensis the only thing changed are the front lights. The bumper and the grille are the same. I don't know how this is done but it seems possible.

no the bumper changed as well. TBH the lights are the most expensive part of the conversion anyway the bumper and brackets are only about 80 quid (although the bumper will need spraying so add maybe 50 quid for that)

no the bumper changed as well. TBH the lights are the most expensive part of the conversion anyway the bumper and brackets are only about 80 quid (although the bumper will need spraying so add maybe 50 quid for that)

I have emailed the guys that worked on it and I will now just wait to find out.It seems to me though that appart from the front spoiler that is attatched to the bumper it is the same one.Notice the metal part under the front lights.On newer Avensis' it was attatched to the bumper and not a seperate part,the same is for the grille that was all one part with the bumper and not seperate.

when u find out the answer, let everyone know

i bet that there's a lot avensis owners who want to do this mod

No email from the company till now, so I have already bought a set of the front lights and in the weekend I will begin the modification. I have seen so far that the light holders are identical and the differences are spotted on the front grill holders only. I will upload some photos as soon as I possible and I will try to take photos of all the steps of the proccedure.

So, I have worked on the car for about 2 hours in the weekend and the foto of how it is now you can find it here.

http://rapidshare.com/files/31204278/Avensis.jpg

You may notice that the grill is not in the proper position and that is because some cutting needs to be done on the ligths sides. Also the metal parts under the lights need some cutting and that is why they are not present now.

On the sides of the grill need some cutting to be done. It is not a straight fit. That's why in the photo it seems a bit off position.

hence why i said you need the facelift front bumper as then it is a bolt on job no cutting or modding needed

On my case I will have to change the bumper,the grill,the fog headlights and the light-cleaner injectors... Isn't it a bit much of cost for all that?After all how many people do have a pro-facelift Avensis with clear crystal lights? :)

Also I think that the personal job cannot be compared to that. Anyway, that is just personal.I am not saying to anyone here to do this. I am just trying to do something unique to the car. Cheers. :thumbsup:

• 1 month later...

Really!? So it's a straight forward swap then? Has anyone actually done it and can provide pictures?