Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Sport Wheels And Tires On Toyota 1.8 Vtti 2001

nesha

Regular wheels are 15" and when I look this wheels I have a feeling there quite enough space to put something better. I ask because I'm driving this car very fast on the highway and I wont to have more stability.

Is it ok to put 17" aluminum wheels with 205/17/35 tires on that model?Or maybe 225/17/35?

Anyone try?

Nesha

Regular wheels are 15" and when I look this wheels I have a feeling there quite enough space to put something better. I ask because I'm driving this car very fast on the highway and I wont to have more stability.

Is it ok to put 17" aluminum wheels with 205/17/35 tires on that model?Or maybe 225/17/35?

Anyone try?

Nesha

Hi,

I've put 17s on mine, i'd recommend 215/40/17.

Here's some pics....WHEELS

Thanks,

that looking great. That's exactly what I'm looking for. What type of wheels did you have cant's see on photo?

Did you done some tuning to more HP?

Nesha

Hello,

First of all, nesha, do you have lowering kit installed to your Avensis?

If you don't, I think it would be the first thing what you should do before you even think those larger wheels.

If you really are driving fast, and your suspension is not working correctly, it can be a little bit difficult to handle the car.

And what comes to those 17 inch tyre sizes, I think 205/45/17 or 215/40/17 would be "the correct" choice for you. But it depends also what kind of alloy wheels you will choose. I have heard that 7 inch wide and with ET38 should be that kind of size what can be installed without any problems to Avensis.

But I think also that there are many opinions about this issue, this was only one of them. :)