Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Radio Antenna?

ur_m8

ok i've got the two lines in the front windscreen and was told this is my ariel for my radio..... well today i toke out my broken radio antenna from the rear wing but now have no radio?????????? is there away to link the front windscreen ariel or is that rubbish and have to buy a new rear wing antenna?? :huh:

The 2 lines are only found on Jap imports, it is a radio aerial for traffic reports in Japan, it dosnt get used over here. The rear aerial still gets used for the radio.

When I bought mine I was told it was a heated front window!!..lol.

WHY U LITTLE, ha i've an import so no wonder i get no radio now, oh well it looks not too bad what i,ve done, guess it's just cd's then hahaha cheers.

i use my front windscreen airiel...

look for the smaller connector behind radio should be in there somewher and the get a new bigger sized connector from maplin etc connect up and hey presto..

quality is just a good as rear one and then u can smooth the rear one out!!

hope this helps

i use my front windscreen airiel...

look for the smaller connector behind radio should be in there somewher and the get a new bigger sized connector from maplin etc connect up and hey presto..

quality is just a good as rear one and then u can smooth the rear one out!!

hope this helps

I have been into the MR2 scene for the last 3 years and never heard of that before.. if its as easy as you say then thats !Removed! great!... shame i no longer have my tubby! :crybaby:

well i dont have my rear ant anymore and i still enjoy chriss moyles every morning.. i dicovered it wilst messing arround, and used it taped together of a while, with a bit of metal to make the contact!

ONLY easy fix ive ever done to my mr2!!

ok cheers i will give that ago soon but behind my stereo it looks like a mouse has been there cutting up the wires so not very good with wires any chance of a pm with step by step, would be a great help, cheers josh. kinda new whats a maplin?

Maplin is an electronics shop where you can buy connectors etc.

I have the connector for my windscreen just unplugged at the back of the stereo... never thought it would have worked tho.

I have the connector for my windscreen just unplugged at the back of the stereo... never thought it would have worked tho.

so you selling that jappy or you gonna try it??

Maplins is like the adult blokes ann summers.... it hass things for every occasion :drool: my precioussss!

Guest MrMojo

Hmm might have a try at that one,

never had one in my old GT-S but the GT has one as Mr Fizz pointed out to me the day i bought her.

btw fatty aint spoke to you in a while hows it all going man?

Mo.

Guest MrMojo

Ummmmmmmmmmmm not yet but as soon as i rip the head unit out n see what's there, it won't take me long to find it,

i really should get mine cleaned and get some pics up cos most of you aint seen her properly yet.

Mo.

whats the f...in name of the adapter looking all over but i need the name as i'm ruining out of cd's

whats the f...in name of the adapter looking all over but i need the name as i'm ruining out of cd's

Burn some more!

I still wouldnt trust using the windscren as an arial, why dont you buy one of those window mounted ariels?

-

Or what about this badboy,

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Vandal-Proof-interio...1QQcmdZViewItem

http://www.maplin.co.uk/Search.aspx?criter...rce=15&SD=Y

this is where u can find the part you need, its the one i used.

i dont agree about not trusting the windscreen antenna.. its free and works fine, in fact just as good as rear one i think.. and stick on window ones look tonk! know matter what, and if your rear one still goes up and down, then you must have command of such high voodoo skills that you dont need to waste time listening to radio! so front one it is..

try it, for the sake of 6 quid..

i want some people in my club!! :thumbsup:

just read the IMOC tread,

seems some people find the reception rubbish, but some find it ok..

so just some more info.. im using a sony head unit,\ but will try my new kenwood double din one tommorrow hopefully (come on royal mail) and let u know..

i guess nthe quality of the cable/connections will differ, so id just check the cable isnt damaged, and make sure that the new connector is fitted well, the maplin one seems pretty good, with a grub screww to ensure good connection of the central core, and just remember that the earth around the edge is just as important, so make sure that it is connected will too, via the crazy clamp piece.. (great explenation ward!)

a drop of solder here and there may even help...

let me know how it goes.. :thumbsup:

just read the IMOC tread,

seems some people find the reception rubbish, but some find it ok..

If the 2 lines in the windscreen was actually any good there wouldnt be a rear arial!

What if you smoothed your rear arial over and then got a crack in your windscreen?

i guess id pop out the filler, or pop in a cd!

:D

well it works for me, just trying to help out..

cheers for that ward will try but i'm a proper biff when it comes to this kinda thing so didn't understand your HOW TO way (sorry lol) what does this thing look like behind the radio as a monkey had the car before me and it's quite savage behind there. cheers again, oh how's yours going?

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links