Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Compressor Is Going

Bodgit

well after 6 months ownership of my compressor it is now going. To be honest it was a bit of an impulse buy and if I had stopped to think about it a bit more I would probably not gone for it. It has been fun but I very quickly lost the smile factor of ownership. as there do not seem to be very many reasonable avenues for performance upgrade I have yesterday placed a deposit on another car and will be handing the compressor over in part ex.

On the upside I have purchased a Impreza WRX STI with Prodive so that should keep the grin factor going a bit longer.

I'm not surprised mate good choice for the new car!

Whats happened with the compressor???? I know i'm going to upset a few compressor owners here but i think more cts owners will agree.

I was sitting in a toyota dealer about to sign for a brand new red compressor but opted out at the last minute. I just think toyota got it completely wrong with the compressor. The cts is so much fun and is what it is. Some car mags slag it off but i think they miss the point on it. But when they wanted to change it by adding a compressor it just lost all identity all together. they only made 250 so this to me says it should be something special and collectable but i've seen so many on eBay etc being sold on and the price they have dropped by??? my god??

I'm sure its quicker etc but.......... i don't know it just comes across to me anyway as some last ditch attemp by toyota to do............... well what exactly? the cts didn't need messing with you don't see honda doing a type r turbo??? or a turbo 182cup??

And they top it off with that dodgy looking twin exhaust.....

will keep u grining till it needs repairing or gets pinched ( sorry bitter experience last year )

The problem with the compressor is on the test drive you tend to give it a lot of right foot and it's fun. When you get into it day in day out you realise there is not a lot of pull on the car. From a standing start 0-60 run I still dont think you can deny it will make you smile.

It was little things like sitting at 80 on the motorway pulling such high reves and drinking fuel. I always seemed to average 20mpg however I drove it. You dont mind this from a high powered turbo but not from the compresssor. I guess i was naive to the fact that a vvtli engine coupled with a supercharger would be so thirsty.

I have lost a lot of money on the car, more than I would like to admit in the open. I don't think I will ever buy such a limited car run ever again. I went to 3 Subaru dealers and the first 2 would not even touch the compressor. The first told me the Toyota dealer wouldnt touch it with a barge pole and already had 2 they didnt think they would ever shift. He offered me one piece of advice, if someone offers to take it snap their arm off.

Overall it's a shame as it is such a nice car in other ways. my prediction if i had a crystal ball is over the next year there are going to be some upset owners losing on the compressor but to balance the scales some new compressor owners getting them at a fantastic low price who will love and enjoy every minute of ownership.

g3m. I have read all about your issues on here and on scooby net. Such a shame you lost a nice example. did they ever catch the theiving scumbags??

no hun , and its had a huge effect on how i feel about the whole car thing , specialy as recently the corolla got hit and now been keyed , im like 'is it worth it ?' guess its the girly part of me , always feel its a personal attack !

good luck with your scooby mate , i think if the newer ones give u half as much fine as my classic gave me ( even with the repair bills ) you'll love it ! just hope if u gonna mod it , u got deep pockets !

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links