Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Rolled My Car!

Woody27

I know the passengers in his car aren’t insured personally, but if I was injured in a car accident and the driver had third party insurance cover, I’m sure I would be able to claim from his insurance (because I am the third party?).

The driver (having only third party) wouldn’t be able to claim for any losses (injury or vehicle repairs)

I was under the impression that third party insurance is for any innocent victims be it pedestrians/drivers/passengers or for damage to possessions/property (but not the drivers).

If woodys passengers were hurt in any way, they can claim from his insurance that’s why you have third party as a minimum.

Someone correct me on this?!

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Woody27

• T V O R

• Yaris SR Kid

• seveer unaek

In theory yes, that's correct, but from what I was told insurers are highly unlikely to pay out because it's a case of 'you got in the car, you knew the risks'. However, a good solicitor would surely reap some rewards.

if you wanted too that could be repaired (from what i can see) a new roof and surface panels and it would be good as new.

glad your ok though fella, hope youve been back behind the wheel

The passenger/anybody can still sue even if the driver isn't covered by their insurance - they just have to take the cost rather than the insurance company :yes:

I take on board both what arthur and seveer have said and realise i sound like a silly boy racer! I admit it was my fault and i hope as much as you guys that i learn my lesson! I for one can assure you i obviously will calm down...how could i not?! I have ruined my pride and joy through no fault but my own! I know this and comments like "the road layout changed" i know are useless as i should have been going slower! However i admit i enjoyed driving that roundabout on the old layout but thought i was being safe by not going near the maximum speed that old layout could be done at. Like i said it isn't really an excuse it just annoyed me as i thought of myself as a safe driver and i would still say i am.

TPFT was mainly due to not being able to afford to insure fully comp (over 2k which is over half the value of the car and i obviously didnt expect to crash! Also i saw it as it would atleast teach me a lesson having to save up again!). Also my brother had TPFT for the first few years on a KA and carried across ncb to his new car fully comp so that is fine. Also you will find most young drivers, or most of the ones i know, have TPFT insurance.

I hope you see i am trying to take your points on board as best i can and all your constructive criticism is welcome :)

I have ruined my pride and joy through no fault but my own!

i should have been going slower!

i thought of myself as a safe driver and i would still say i am.

groan.gif

Fair do's mate, good response that.

That's good to know about TPFT... not that id take it out, but that i was lied to by insurance companies... should have seen it really... the naivities when you're 19!

if you have learned somthing from it then that is good, remember always drive within YOUR limits and know the limits of your car and stay inside those too, and above all EXPECT the unexpected

Glad to hear your ok but sad to see the car in that state. The thing i cant get is, Why are the police doing you for careless driving? Did they see you do it? Was there any other cars involved ect? I wouldnt have bothered phoning them to be honest,if you knew you and your mate was ok and you didnt take a wall down or another car.

Chin up :thumbsup:

i agree with the above - wouldnt have told insurance too - avoid getting it written off as only 3-party any way - as long as you did no damage to any 3rd party

glad your ok tho... how much for your wipers and bee sting :-P lol

The thing i cant get is, Why are the police doing you for careless driving? Did they see you do it?

Because by his own admission he drove carelessly and ended up in a ditch! :lol:

They dont have to see you do it... ending up in a ditch kinda says it all!

Lol yeah the police were called as i had to get towed out the ditch anyway! Also i didn't tell insurance as i'm not covered for it anyway! Also it was obvious what i had done due to skid marks n the car in the ditch! not selling the parts as of yet just incase we can get it repaired!

My insurance was only like £300 quid difference between TPTF and fully comp mate!

Hopefully you can get it repaired and full respray in black not girly red :P haha

Rather have interesting red than boring silver!

"So sir what car colour would you like?"

"I don't really care, which colour does everyone else have?"

"silver it is then sir" :P

Red rocks...FACT!

For me with Admiral, TPFT was £200 MORE than comprehensive! It's because they're not fussed for your business with TPFT as much as they are fully comp.

Rather have interesting red than boring silver!

"So sir what car colour would you like?"

"I don't really care, which colour does everyone else have?"

"silver it is then sir" :P

Red rocks...FACT!

Least it wont be pink in 5 years :thumbsup:

Lol nor will mine be because:

1. It may be scrapped :P

2. I looked after the paint!

3. It isn't an old vauxhall!

Also it's already 7 years old and probably a better red than when it left the factory :)

I have always said that RED is a very SAFE colour ;) :lol:

Hope all is going well Woody..................keep smiling :)

Well we've discussed this elsewhere and so you already know I'm gutted for you, Woody. :yes:

Hope you can get her sorted and that it works out alright for you. :thumbsup:

I have always said that RED is a very SAFE colour ;) :lol:

Hope all is going well Woody..................keep smiling :)

My mum would never believe that, she thinks that there's some sort of curse on red cars & our family, every red car we've had (even maroon) has ended up crashed. We could just be a family of bad drivers but other coloured cars have usually been fine