Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Rolled My Car!

Woody27

I have always said that RED is a very SAFE colour ;) :lol:

Hope all is going well Woody..................keep smiling :)

My mum would never believe that, she thinks that there's some sort of curse on red cars & our family, every red car we've had (even maroon) has ended up crashed. We could just be a family of bad drivers but other coloured cars have usually been fine

My mums the same with blue cars :wacko:

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Woody27

• T V O R

• Yaris SR Kid

• dawesy

It's statiscally proven you're more likely to have an accident if you're in a red car. Even more so if you're male.

My old Micra was red... :D

I have a red Carina and NEVER had any crash.

And about red cars, statisticaly is proven that almost over 40% of the world cars are red. So, as a matter of fact if you take the proportion of how much red cars are crashed from the total red cars, and any other colour proportion, you will see the proportion will be equal. :D

Happy?

gibe u a tenner for the 2 horney badges ;)

its a start towards the new car fund :P

scary lookin at the pics like

And about red cars, statisticaly is proven that almost over 40% of the world cars are red. So, as a matter of fact if you take the proportion of how much red cars are crashed from the total red cars, and any other colour proportion, you will see the proportion will be equal. :D

Happy?

I swear silver would be the most % so many people have silver cars :(

Happy?

I swear silver would be the most % so many people have silver cars :(

When i got my Yaris 2 yrs ago the silver was immediately available,any other colour had 10-12 week wait for delivery.Mind you I had to have auto so that might have had input.

• 2 months later...

Hey'all! Hope you are all well? Haven't been over here to update you guys for a while so i thought i'd give you an update but this post is first the background to fill you all in and will post todays update at the end!

(This is the general jist of what has happened/i've said about it over the last week)

When I am finished cosmetically with the rebuild i've just got to fit new sump and check the oil pick up before checking cat and then it's ready for an MOT :) My dad knows the bloke who does the MOT so he will tell us before if it will fail probably (i.e. not charge us for a fail) which is handy :P But yeah i'm convinced i've killed the cat and so maybe even ordering a sport cat soon but will have to see! Other than that if it all went smoothly i could almost have my car back on the road in 2 weeks time! :) So should definately be at JAE which is handy seeing as i had paid!

On a side i haven't just been sitting back while my car cant be modded as i have lined up a few lighting mods (just to make it look cool at night) but also started the refurb of my 6 spokes 15" project :P Basically i've got 15s that i have started to spray in a way to make them appear bigger :) Also hopefully gona move my door coaxials to a rear parcel shelf and add amped door components :thumbsup: Also i should really fix my TTE front spoiler (or atleast have a go) as atm it will be running on the boring standard one! :( I'd also quite like some form of fogs as they were handy in winter around where my gf lives but i have been swayed from my old ones so i dunno what to go for! I really want them in the outer vents of the TTE BUT i also wanted a cold air feed in the nearside for the Apexi when relocated! That gave me idea of halo lights on grills (outlining the pipe behind) but can't help thinking that would be even worse! any ideas?

I got some poor quality pics as we were in like a welding/painting room which only had like 3feet around the car so couldn't get far enough back to get good'uns! However the bloke seems sound and has managed to straighten the new roof (I dunno if i told you guys but my dad managed to run over the Brand new roof over a curb so he bent it right where the roof goes under the back boot section!) But yeah thats straightened, the A pillar is all pulled out ready for painting and he has just got to filler a little the roof to make it dead smooth! Getting windscreen surround from Toyota Tuesday and then he says he will be done by friday! :D So yeah ideal world would be finished by sunday so i can do dads motorclubs grass auto test but that is really pushing it obviously so i prob do it in mates car. But yeah pictures:

DSCI0214.jpg

DSCI0215.jpg

DSCI0216.jpg

O yeah and to remind you of it after i rolled!:

DSCI0102.jpg

DSCI0103.jpg

Todays update:

GOT IT BACK! :D Got home from work and as I sat down saw my car arrive on the trailer :) The work done on it is really good quality and i am dead impressed! He accidently forgot to leave me the rear bumper (it was in the van!) and also forgot to paint the mirror (he'll have it done by tomorrow) but other than that it's all good! It's a bit annoying for me that there are still lots of little (and some rather large) scratches all over the car (Where i told him not to do) but my financial state means i'll just have to live with them! It seems like so much work to do atm but i suppose i'll get there! (Plus atleast im on summer hols now!)

Below are some pictures when it had arrived (the wing is temporarily mounted), some when i put the bonnet on to show colour matching, one shows the A pillar repaired and the last to are to show the wheels i'm going to refurb. Their is one showing the wheels as they are on the car on its slammed rear :) The last one shows my quick mock up of what the wheels should look like after i refurb them :thumbsup: Any opinions on these are welcome!

DSCI0223.jpg

DSCI0219.jpg

DSCI0226.jpg

DSCI0228.jpg

DSCI0229.jpg

DSCI0227.jpg

DSCI0233.jpg

Photoshoppedrearwheel.jpg

EDIT: O yeah i think this will be the new ride height for the rear for the time being as without rear seats, and when i have lowered the front some more, it should sit balanced and stil JUST show the full rear wheel and tyre. The thing i did notice is that if i lower the fronts more the coilover adjustable height cog thingys (yeah that is the technical term) will rub the inner wall of the tyre?! If this is the case will mean i need spacers which isnt happening! Hopefully the new wheels will be better. Only other thing im looking into atm is clear side repeaters as i have always wanted to get rid of the orange bulb in them but may just have to change whole unit for different design!

looking good dude. youd never know and as you havent claimed, its not recorded :thumbsup:

looks great mate, you must be well happy with it, now give your insurance company a ring to see if you cant protect your no claims bonus incase any other issues arise....................

Looking good Woody :thumbsup:

nice to see the horns survived too :lol:

TVOR

They look alot like the Fox alloys i had on my last car,

i'm sure Woody will be along to tell us both if they are :D

They are fox wheels he bought them off a bloke on here actually

Glad you got it sorted bud

Yup fox wheels (you can see the indents on one of the spokes where a fox Badge used to be any they used to have fox racing centre caps). Think they are called Fox evo's. I bought them off sparco blues a while back so maybe worth asking him :thumbsup: Cheers for the comments everyone! Will keep you updated!

• 1 month later...

He was at JAE in it :thumbsup:

He's off sunning himself on holiday so won't be about for a while.

• 2 months later...

You've done a decent job restoring it. With the earlier pics I thought it was a lost cause. Hopefully lessons learnt as well... power is nothing without control, and it's a pita and often very expensive fixing stuff cause of unnecessary recklessness.

Is the Yaris prone to rolling or being unstable? This is something I'll have to find out before I buy one (maybe) in the future, when we come to replace our other car.

You can claim if you've been injured as a passenger in a friends car btw.... my friends's no-win no-fee company regularly wins successful claims against insurers on this.

• 4 weeks later...

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links