Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Yaris Cd Player

mickmunn

Hi just got Myself a great Yaris and love it, but I have got to get a CD player for it. Does anyone know how much and is it worth doing? Thanks ;)

id recommend an aftermarket one, the standard one is... well... crap.

you can get yourself a lovely little cd player for about a ton.

and heres how to fit it

any more problems, just PM me. i pretty much know how to do everything stereo wise in a yaris

thats a damn good guide there fella

exactly the way i did it.

yarisboy seemed to have a complete dilema :thumbsup:

yeah, lol. hes good with it now though, he even wrote his own guide after. :lol:

glad you like the guide though. its about the only constructive thing ive ever done on here. :lol:

lol my guide is awesome, VTRick helped me out a great deal as well as alot of other people on here

It's not worth taking it to someone else cos they'll charge you silly money, and it really is quite easy once you get the hang of snapping off the dash boards

yeah when i first got me yaris i looked at the dash and thought 'oh no!' looking at the shape off the dash.

i went to Halfords for an adaptor - dont exist, then they looked at me blank faced

went to mansfield toyota - reply was - toyota dont condone that you fit an aftermarket stereo!

accidently ended up in nottingham toyota at trent bridge - the bloke in the service area told me how to dismantle the dash an gave me all the assembly drawings from the computer! top man! few hours with a screwdriver an the yaris was boomin! :thumbsup:

na mate, do what i did, get your car in for a service.. blag a courtesy car..

take it appart. lol. thats how i learnt to do it. went back in er... a bit of a state.

i blew a few of the fuses. none of the lights worked... so i took it back in the afternoon :D :lol:

Hi, thanks for all your help :D

However, I'm new to all this business and I don't understand terms like aftermarket or OE.

I just want a CD player. LOL

Please would someone explain in simple english where i can buy one from on the internet or somewhere without going to toyota. :help:

Thanks again.

mickmunn

OE or original equipment - what toyota will fit as standard.

Aftermarket - a stereo for example thats bought from a stereo shop and ten fitted into the original dashboard.

There is places on the net, although personally i dont know any off by heart, just tap it into ya browser and see what it comes up with.

Otherwise nip down ya local WHSmith and pick up Max Power or somat. Theyll have loads of adverts in the back on where places are and any deals they have going at the time.

Any more help u know where we are! :thumbsup:

don't go to Halfords cos their gear is years out of date and overpriced

try those 'cheapest price available' things like kelkoo.co.uk, try eBay

put 'car audio' into google.co.uk and see wot sites it comes up with

buying from the internet will nearly always be cheaper than buying from the highstreet

Halfords stuff may be old hat, but if ya can prove ya can get it cheaper theyll either match it or give it ya for less, believe it or not.

got my girl a sony black flipfront thingy. they wanted bout 250 quid. but i took a copy of max power or somat with me an showed em i could get it cheaper an got it for £180!

:thumbsup:

try ebay

ive bought more stuff than i dare imagine on eBay.. its great. saved about a grand on my stereo using eBay. that speaks for itself.

scary aint it.. i spend too much time on there.

bougt a new set of wheels the other day on there. mega cheap.

thinking of that. i should have taken new pics when i did my signature. hahaa never mind

nothing mental mate, just some t sport ones. but they had new tires!

buying the wheels and tires, both brand new was cheaper than buying new tires from anywhere... lol.. eBay. gotta love it.

so i just stick the old SR ones on the starlet when i decide to whack new tires on em.

yep, sounds the way forward to me rick, I think i prefer the SR wheels over the Tsport wheels.

Just noticed your sig, went to watch american pie3 t'uther night with my girlfriend lol

Stiffler was so OTT but so funny, best americanpie yet i think!

What did u think about Officer Crystal and the other one :o :drool:

i actually really like my new wheels. ill have to get some pics up sooner or later. they look nice. the back could do with being a tad lower. the tte springs just aint as low as it needs,

the stiffmeister was well funny, that quote had me in stiches for about 10 minutes. yeah, best one yet i recon aswell.

although best funny moment in any american pie is when jim falls over the hedge in the first one. i was crying with laughter when i saw that.

oh, and officer crystal says ive been a bad boy. :eek:

i thought the dog :censor: eating incident was a contendor for funniest moment of the series

along with in pie2 when hes running through the !Removed! stronghold shouting '!Removed!! !Removed!! !Removed!!'

any more problems, just PM me. i pretty much know how to do everything stereo wise in a yaris

how can I get the standard Yaris HU to put out a lot more power and sound a lot clearer :lol:

we-he-hell.

take the front 2 speaker wires. (dash) you can use these to create an rca. link em to a 2 channel amp (bout 2 x 40) wire this to the dash Speakers. rn them on hpf.

do the same on the door Speakers but run them on flatf.

louder and clearer.

:P