Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk1 Sqeaking Front Break ?

MK1 Owner

Some advice on my mk1 would be great

After heating up the front right break squeaks particulary on left turns and then continues to sqeak while in a straight line, this can be stopped by gently pushing the break to square up the pads. I have checked the pads which have enough pad and the wear strip is not showing, cleaned the caliper with break clean spray and reassembled although sqeak still present.

Any ideas please

Ive herd that using copper grease on the little metal plate thing thats squashed between the caliper and the pad will stop the sqeek.

I applied Copper grease to this when I reassembled the break unit, although still sqeaking. Do you think it could be a warped disc ?

in my experiance a warped disk leads to a massive amount of shudder when you break, the whole car vibrates more than a lonely nuns vibrator, you can feel it all the way through the steering colum. Did you use compressed air to clean everything proplery... could be a stone youve missed. Dunno

My car is still sqeaking when warms up and have noticed it pulls to the left under breaking, any ideas please