Do Not Sell My Personal Information

How To Replace Rear Speakers

garliclemon

I just bought my aygo sports and I wanted to replace the standard rear Speakers. I tried to take the grill off but with no luck.

Anyone knows how to open the grill and replace them? Do I need to take the whole panel? I don't wanna go down this route as it will cause me a lot more problems.

Cheers!

you need to pull out the whole pannel that the Speakers are housed in and there is bolts on the back which the screws are screwe into..

theres no other way around it, its not hard at all. All the pannels in the aygo part from the door ones seem to just pop out and pop back in with no real trouble.

It's the first time i'm doing it. It took me a long time!! about 2 hours in replacing one side! I've just done one so far. I have enough for today.

But surprisingly, it doesn't sound any difference with the standard one. Why is that? Any ideas?

The one i've put on is this one.

In Phase XT 42 10cm 2 way 160W car Speakers

with an eBay link

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/In-Phase-XT-42-10cm-...VQQcmdZViewItem

I am a bit disappointed.

I have now totally upgraded the sound system. It is now fitted with a Sony CDX-GT300s which I took out from my old car. The front I fitted with Pioneer 1061s and back with the in-phase xt 42. I am totally happy with it now! No more feeling the rear Speakers are under power. (I felt that before with the standard audio)

Just a tip for people when upgrading their rear Speakers for Aygo sports / +. Be careful when unscrewing the rear Speakers. There are nuts behind the screw (bolt), it's not a self tapper. You will probably have a hard time to look for the nut if it dropped behind the panel. (if you don't plan to tear it off completely) It did happen to me, luckily I managed to reach the nut through the 10cm speaker hole. I ended up open the top half panel (without unscrewing anything) and hold the nut while unscrewing them.

I also gave two new holes to the back panel for securing the new rear speakers grill since the original one don't fit anymore with the new speakers.

One thing I should mention is the threads in this forum are very useful. They helped me a lot indeed! :)

The original stereo is rather weak (2*8wRms?). With 4 Speakers it will perform poorly. Even worse with after market Speakers as they tend to want more power to perform well. New good headunit is a good start. A four channel amplifier with high-pass filter is the next step. Small Speakers can´t play low freqenses so filter those out as they will mess up the sound. Low freqvenis take a lot of power from the rest of the range as well. Filtering those out will make a major improvement in sound and volume.

yea, they should sound nice with either a new h/u or do what i did and wire a multi channel amp off the orgional h/u in order to keep it looking good.

Good choise with InPhase i think they are brill, have an InPhase sub and its awsome! need to replace my rear Speakers thou, let me know how they sound when you get sum more power into them!

I have long story to tell when going into the in phase Speakers. I have originally planned to upgrade the front Speakers with Kenwood 1060s ONLY. I ordered if off eBay for 20 quid (inc pnp) from iceClearOut and they posted me the in phase instead which costs 45 quid inc pnp. I thought it was a bonus!! until I tried to fit into the front which it couldn't because of the large magnet base. That's why I started replacing the rear... then the head unit (becoz the original one was so under power to drive them)... Then I upgraded the front Speakers again due to so much distortion in sound with the new head unit.

Now, I still think the inphase speakers is a plus! The bass is much stronger than the kenwood's. It works really well when i adjusted the fader towards the back.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey guys, does anyone have any pictures showing how to take the back panels off to get to the Speakers? I'm a little concerned about doing it myself as my Aygo is only a week old!

Cheers!

Just take a look in the Accesory Installation Manual (AIM) for the soundpack,

everything is described in there, with very detailed pictures...

Just take a look in the Accesory Installation Manual (AIM) for the soundpack,

everything is described in there, with very detailed pictures...

Cheers!

i replaced my rear Speakers, i was going to put them where the panels where but i found the jbls i bought were too big and that i would have to cut a hole there, i figured that when it comes to selling the car i would have to sell the Speakers as well, i didnt want that, and so i popped them onto the parcel shelf, it sounds quite good now along with a new head unit, i still have the org front Speakers as i think they are sufficient. O yes i also have a pre amp sub in the boot which give the whole thing a nice kick, all i need to get now if a amp to power the whole lot.

I found that the standard Speakers aren't too bad in terms of quality- the original head unit is quite under powered which is why it sounds so tinny. I swapped the original with my Pioneer 6800MP and found that the quality is pretty good without any major changes to the equalizer settings.

• 1 year later...

Am I right in thinking the rear Speakers are just held onto the rear panels?

So effectively I could cut the old Speakers out and fit some 6 x 9s?

Would it not be easier, purchasing a new parcel shelf? There are alot of people that would purchse the ones with the Speakers on eBay, may aswell make some money as you do it :)

Would it not be easier, purchasing a new parcel shelf? There are alot of people that would purchse the ones with the speakers on ebay, may aswell make some money as you do it :)

I did that on my 107, it came with no rear Speakers. I installed a new parcel shelf with Speakers on it and just ran the wires up the edge of the car. It worked really well, could have 8 Speakers then...or do people think that won't really help?

Those that have replaced the headunit, does anyone have any pictures on how it looks sat in the panel vs the pre-installed one?

Would it not be easier, purchasing a new parcel shelf? There are alot of people that would purchse the ones with the speakers on ebay, may aswell make some money as you do it :)

I did that on my 107, it came with no rear Speakers. I installed a new parcel shelf with Speakers on it and just ran the wires up the edge of the car. It worked really well, could have 8 Speakers then...or do people think that won't really help?

Those that have replaced the headunit, does anyone have any pictures on how it looks sat in the panel vs the pre-installed one?

Some wee :censor: tried to steal my headunit but obv gave up. Its currently not sitting properly within the top, I tried to sort it... but it wasn't for happening

Some wee :censor: tried to steal my headunit but obv gave up. Its currently not sitting properly within the top, I tried to sort it... but it wasn't for happening

You'd installed it so well that they just couldn't get it out ;) but that sucks, hopefully the rest of the car wasn't to badly damaged!

You'd installed it so well that they just couldn't get it out ;) but that sucks, hopefully the rest of the car wasn't to badly damaged!

I stupidly left the window slightly open and they managed to push it down, it's really my own fault. They took my packet of skittles and my primark *laughs* sunglasses. But they didn't get the stereo. The headunit is a great design to stop theifs, unless they know how to get into it :D

They tried to steal the FACTORY Head Unit??? Thieves must have a 107 or C1 then, else the unit is useless...

As for the parcel shelf with speakers; the shelf for the 107 will only fit the 107 and C1, the shape of the

Toyota-shelf is WAY different, so it will NOT fit in an Aygo, no matter what you try...

lol no! it was my pioneer headunit... the shiny coer must have attracted them i only had the factory one in for a month before i replaced it :P

The rear parcel shelf has as much stiffness as a turned on pensioner.

Unless someone comes up with an mdf replacement shelf I wouldnt even contemplate putting holes into it.

The Speakers need to be mounted onto something solid standard parcel shelfs just dont cut the mustard.

Ive now brought some component Speakers and ill be mounting them in the rear panels.

The bodyshell will have some dynamat stuck to it where as the rear panels will be sprayed with some dynamat spray to help stiffen it up and give more resonance.

Ive also downloaded the AIM manual for the front sound pack and I am looking for a spare pair of door cards to start building an install up the front. nothing fancy just some nice components again.

The rear parcel shelf has as much stiffness as a turned on pensioner.

Unless someone comes up with an mdf replacement shelf I wouldnt even contemplate putting holes into it.

The speakers need to be mounted onto something solid standard parcel shelfs just dont cut the mustard.

Ive now brought some component speakers and ill be mounting them in the rear panels.

The bodyshell will have some dynamat stuck to it where as the rear panels will be sprayed with some dynamat spray to help stiffen it up and give more resonance.

Ive also downloaded the AIM manual for the front sound pack and I am looking for a spare pair of door cards to start building an install up the front. nothing fancy just some nice components again.

Yes the standard shelf was useless, I had to create a custom stealth shelf, good old mdf. Based on the comments at the top I am assuming that I can't just port this shelf over to my new Aygo. Oh well, new project time.

Woohooo

Components now mounted into the rear side panels and some dynamat went in at the same time.

Just gotta sort out the front end now with some 6" mid bass in the doors.

And I missed the !Removed! qualifying for the grand prix!

:angry: