Do Not Sell My Personal Information

How To Pull Apart A Mark2 Interior

RichB

Hi,

Need to take out my broken CD player on the G-Limited... how do I get to it?

Got as far as taking out the gear leaver section, but can't see how to get into the facia on the dash to get the radio cage out... all I am doing is replacing the CD player with a blanking plate. Don't want to force anything and break it!

Jappybeast sent me a link showing you how.. but I've lost it.

Quite easy once you know how (thanks JB)...

Ok, you got the gear stick section out...

Now you must pull out the ashtry section and unscrew the two screws you'll find there. Then there's a screw under neath the cigerette lighter bit also.

Pull down the panel where the cig lighter screw came from, then gently start to pull at the whole dash section where the vents/radio etc is. It might be a bit of a struggle, but it does come off.

It only comes so far because the cig lighter and hazard lights are connected to cables which restrict the movement of the dash. Disconnect theses two items from there cables. The dash will now just pull off.

From there on, it's quite simple. You can see the stereo and how it's screwed in.

Don't know exactly what you're doing, but if you are installing your own stereo you may need a special facia adapter and also cable.

good luck !

Thanks, should be able to make it with these instructions.

I'm just replacing the CD player with a blanking plate I picked up at the breakers. Still got the cassette player and radio in there.

for some reason my cd player also didn't work from the moment I got the car...

is it funny jap cd players ?? or simply old cd players which have died at some point...

I've heard of a few peoples not working.

I would imagine it's just because they are cheapubik CD players that break over time. Most Jap imports are around 10 years old, and most CD players don't last that long anyway.

I'm just removing mine as it seems pointless to sell the car by going - it's got a CD player, but its broken...!

Mines a 1998 model, so its no way near 10 years old, first cd I put it in skipped loads, then I put another cd in, it refused to play, never played another cd again :ffs:

Nevermind, was going to chuck an mp3 hu in at some point anyway :thumbsup:

Well, all done and dusted, the interior of the car looks much better for removing a useless hunk of junk.

Nightmare with the screws on the radio cage though - trashed one screwdriver, then the screw, and eventually had to go at it with some pliers to make it budge!

ind of sad to be selling up, the cars coming togethor quite nicely now!

Well, all done and dusted, the interior of the car looks much better for removing a useless hunk of junk.

Nightmare with the screws on the radio cage though - trashed one screwdriver, then the screw, and eventually had to go at it with some pliers to make it budge!

ind of sad to be selling up, the cars coming togethor quite nicely now!

Yip... JappyB and myself had the exact same problem with the screws on my car. Thought I was gonna have to go and get a socket set.