Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Serious Loss Of Power

genicide_gt

My "93 ST185 is running like a paralised camel.. :ffs:

there is a Greddy boost gauge which came with the car and when i nail it its max boost is 0.5 bar,

sometimes it flicks to 0.6-0.7 bar and the warning light flashes on the boost gauge..no other warning lights come on..i can also feel a big dip in power as the turbo is about to come to boost..when it does,all half bar of it, ya cant even hear the turbo spooling up..is this normal for ST185s?? anybody ideas as to why my car feels like its got some kinda restrictor on it??

any info would be greatly appreceated :thumbsup:

Thanks again,

Gareth

Wicklow,

Southern Ireland

0.5 bar ... 7.5psi ... sounds like stock boost to me.

Does it hit the same boost in 1st/2nd as it does in 4th/5th?

Is there any kind of boost controller - manual or electronic - on the car?

Possibly there's been one on before that's been removed, and the TVSV hose hasn't been reconnected. That would drop your boost to the lower level available in 1st/2nd gear across all gears.

Anyway - have you checked for error codes? I had a code 52 recently which is a "no signal received from knock sensor". Turned out it wasn't a duff sensor, but the wire which goes the ECU from it. If the ECU doesn't get a signal from the KS, it'll !Removed! your timing with a heavy boot - which might be what you're getting.

Angus

• 2 weeks later...

My car ran lower boost in 4th/5th than 1st or 2nd..0.3-0.4 in 4th and 5th...went to the local Toyota dealer here and they laughed at me, the service manager told me i would not have that problem if i had of bought i good europe spec toyota and that he had no interest in tryin to help..so i pucked the head of him (currently doin time as we speak hehe-kiddin) they did not even have the right connection for the diagnostic run..i was discusted..i had to go to NISSAN down the road and they were able to diagnose the problem after about 20 mins.....

2 cooling temp sensors were faulty..engine temp was readin +18 degrees when cold and after the car had been driven and warned up to normal temp it was readin -47 degrees rather than +80 upwards, so that needs to be replaced along with another cooling one also..

I think il buy a Civic Type R or something...the 98 shape..more reliable and probably quicker hehehe :D