Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Should I?

~Rach~

I'm looking at getting a new car at the mo (and selling the celica *sob*)

We need to downsize what we are paying in petrol and general running costs, as our commute is going to more than double in 4wks time.

I've been looking into getting an aygo, but I'm just a bit wary about the actual size of the car...

Does anyone with kids have one (either in 3 or 5 dr), and how comfortably do the fit in etc etc?

I'm off to go have a look at one most likely on Monday, but just wondered if there was anything I should be warned about in advance :thumbsup:

Hi,

bit of a change from the Celica :!Removed!:

From reading this section it would appear to be not only a very capable car, but a fun one too.

I'm sure some owner/parent will chip in soon though. Small cars like this seem to be the way that motoring is heading, so it should be able to fill your needs I'd have thought............unless you want it to tow a caravan !

Good luck anyway !

How old are the children? We have a one year old in her car seat and no probs. I have carried adults in the back, passenger side OK, but it may be a bit tight behind the driver if the driver is tall and needs the seat a good way back.

If you are using the rear seats regularly go for a 5 door - tilting forward the seats on the three door changes the position of the seat and it needs adjusting every time.

Hi Rach

I have a 3 door and often have my 8 and 5 year old in the back.

The 3 door is a bit of a problem because now legally you have to have the boosters in and I share the boosters between my car and Suzannes - so it can be a bit of a pain leaning in the rear from outside to fit the boosters each time we swap over. Also as the seat reclining has no memory I always put the kids in from the passenger side so as not to mess up my driving position – again it’s minor but a bit of a niggle to consider.

As far as leg room goes for the kids it's fine although my 8 year olds feet touch the back of the front seat if the front seat is far back i.e. v comfortable for an adult. You don’t have to move the front seat forward much to stop her feet connecting so depending on how you like your seat position you could be fine.

Bigger problem probably lies in boot space if you have to carry a lot of kid gear - you will get a buggy but not much more in. My kids like the Aygo as they can see out of it well and they play ‘spot another Aygo’ as a car game !

As you say, running costs are top notch though and you can expect about 47 mpg and £35 a year tax. Insurance is nice as well – I pay about £100 a year I think.

This is worth a read Aygo FAQ

HTH

Steve

Thanks for your replies :D

Lucky as Lucys nearly 4 now, we dont have so much stuff to carry about for her.

Thanks for mentioning about the 3dr tilt issue. Its the same as the celi, and I find it such a pain in the backside!

Spoken with Toyota this morning, and I'm going to pop along in about an hour or so. They've said they can pretty much get any spec of Aygo for me for under my £7k budget (looking at ex demos on the whole)

Ta for the link Steve, was very handy :thumbsup:

Will let you know how I get on :D

Went along and had a test drive :D

Really tempted by the sport but there is a 10wk + wait. I can get a black with aircon within two weeks though...

Or should I wait until May 14th for Blue to come out, and sacrefice the alloys? :unsure:

Arghhhhhhhhh I'm going to have a nervous breakdown....

anyone know what shade of blue the Aygo Blue will be? And do u recon you could get it sprayed on to a normal Aygo?

oh and if your not to fussed about the cool 3dr look then id go for the 5dr just cos the seats are a pain in the **** cos u cant just push them back after pulled them forward to get into the back, u have to set them back with the little leaver.

anyone know what shade of blue the Aygo Blue will be?

Think it's like this . . . .

toyota.jpg

Its a really nice colour thou

Its a really nice car too ;)

You could get the Black and add a rev counter later if you want it.

You won't get front fog lights but you never (or shouldn't) need them any.

thats not true! i had to use mine last night, it was so foggy i could only see about 2 meters in front of me, i think all cars should have fog lights, cos i could see other ppl that had fog lights relli clearly and ppl that didnt have fog lights there were just a blur...

just i think police should be more strick about ppl that drive about with them on all the time.

<-- mine are just on there for a pose for the photo :P)

I'm looking at getting a new car at the mo (and selling the celica *sob*)

We need to downsize what we are paying in petrol and general running costs, as our commute is going to more than double in 4wks time.

I've been looking into getting an aygo, but I'm just a bit wary about the actual size of the car...

Does anyone with kids have one (either in 3 or 5 dr), and how comfortably do the fit in etc etc?

I'm off to go have a look at one most likely on Monday, but just wondered if there was anything I should be warned about in advance :thumbsup:

I expect you've seen this thread but, as you are asking for warnings:

http://toyotaownersclub.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=64382

thats not true! i had to use mine last night, it was so foggy i could only see about 2 meters in front of me, i think all cars should have fog lights, cos i could see other ppl that had fog lights relli clearly and ppl that didnt have fog lights there were just a blur...

just i think police should be more strick about ppl that drive about with them on all the time.

<-- mine are just on there for a pose for the photo :P)

Just a little question about the fog lights, the switch to turn them on, does it switch itself off with the normal light switch or do you have to remember too? Just wondering as I don't have them. (And my mate got fined for having his on.)

Nicks just gone for the test drive in one, and he's haggled on my behalf, so by the looks of it, this weekend I'll be ordering my Aygo :D

Luckily they have them in Portbury docks so I should be able to have it in about a week hopefully :D

Just a stupid question. Is it not legal to use fog light? In what circumstances we are allowed to turn it on?

Basically very thick fog. The rest of the time you shouldn't use them. Although people do at the first hint of fog or as replacements for headlights round here. Drives me mad!!

o that's bad! I used it once or twice since i got my aygo 2 weeks ago. I have to say the fog light really did improve the visibility.

Well but i guess i would stop using it because i don't want to get any 30 pounds penalty tickets :(

I have to say the fog light really did improve the visibility.

In fact it only appears to improve visibility as the fog lights illuminate a piece of road

very near to the car. But in "everynight" driving you need illumination way further away,

else you won't have enough time to respond to anything thet might happen in front of you.

The idea behind foglights is that they light up the road by shining UNDER the fog, so you don't

blind yourself with the light from your main lamps reflecting off of the particles in the air.

That's why in thick fog you'd be better of with only fogs on and neither dipped or highs...

Blue will be out 14 May.

Blue paint (obviously), blue tooth, blue stitching on gear gaitor, mats as standard with blue stitching detail and standard air con