Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

A Celica Ta22 I Think.

leviathan4815

can someone help me out... i've been given an option of buying this celica it looks like a ta22, its a 1.6ltr, 5speed. has worked suspension and is bored out to a 1.8, its green, (only got to see it in the dark) to be able to get a saftey cert. owner says that only needs NEW tappet cover and Tyres. apparently it has a quickshifter and its got something done to do with COLD air: (and thats to do with the engine) and its got webber carbie (only one i think.... think its only got one carbie i mean.) HELP ME OUT PEOPLE! WHAT DO I LOOK FOR WHAT DO I DO!? WHAT WHAT WHAT! i ahve no idea about celicas.

sounds like a bit of a prob if you don't know what your looking for, look at it in the day and see what it sounds like and PM scot, he'll be more than happy to help with any questions about the TA22....

don't part with your money until you know what your really getting and what condition it really is in....

Scot runs twin webbers, didn't think it would run with just one....

I know very little about that car speak to scot and dont spend anything just yet...

First off where are u! its always a good idea to say where your from... you never no, some one locally to you might love um, and be willing to come and help.......

Are you sure its been bored and not had a 3T crank installed of even have a 3T block...

If not its a 2T or 2T-B, and running a single weber on these is a pretty good idea. You can sell me that quick shifter if you like... or maybe find out where it came from.....

Scot runs twin webbers, didn't think it would run with just one....

Thats because mine are sidedraft carbs, his would be a downdraft. That means it bends upwards on the manifold, so the filter is at the top.... if u see what i mean. its prob a 38 too as a guess (choke size)

im in brisbane in australia. ther celica has been offered to me for $750... what do i do? how can i make it a quick car? i mean FAST! lol :thumbsup:

throw away the original engine if its a pushrod,a talk to Scot and build a twincam to the same spec as his! :D

cheers Harvey

http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/Classic-Celica/

This is a yahoo site (not as friendly as the guys here of course) but their mainly form AUS and the U.S. These guys can answer anything... and are more local to you :D

But uve got their air flow in increased... what about the air flow out? then the air flow inbetween and the rest :lol: A twin cam head will bolt straight to it, but u do need all the timing gear, oil pump drive etc.

Give me a couple of years and i will be going forced induction... but of course with the same block, and head!!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links