Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Is My 1996 Carina To Old To Have A Towbar Fitted

ron4haze

Unless it's got some major structural corrosion then I would say NO, it's not too old.

Can a car be too old for a towbar ?? Go out in the country and you'll see 50 yr old land rovers with Towbars on them !

It may be more likely that they don't do one to fit your car as it's an older model ( and not a mondeo ), or the one they used to fit has been discontinued. All cars have different mount points etc.

There are plenty of places that will tailor make a towbar to match your car though, so I wouldn't worry about it.

OR, if you can find one on Ebay/scrapyard/Carina owners club/whatever, then get it and fit it yourself. not a massive job !

Rich

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I have an M reg Carina E (1995) and that has a tow bar fitted so i would expect you'd be fine.

Cara

I have an M reg Carina E (1995) and that has a tow bar fitted so i would expect you'd be fine.

Cara

That makes two of us, my 1996 Carina E has a tow bar and has towed quite a few things in it's life with no

problems at all :)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links