Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Hilux Shuddering

jalowi

does anyone know the cause of this strange shudder my hilux does as soon as release clutch pedal, on reverse it's worse it doesn't seem to pick the drive smoothly you sort of have to slip the clutch to minimize the shudder . :help:

Do you have it in 4wd.

no it never does it in 4wd, only when 2wd is engaged feels like the back is jumping

• 1 year later...

Older model Hilux had a problem with the rear diff mounting becoming worn out, take a look and see. This is a 4.1 diff mounting (top left of picture)

74051746_o.jpg

Kingo :thumbsup:

I've had this on other vehicles, it turned out to be an engine mounting, each time it was worse when reversing.

Cheers

Ian

• 2 weeks later...
does anyone know the cause of this strange shudder my hilux does as soon as release clutch pedal, on reverse it's worse it doesn't seem to pick the drive smoothly you sort of have to slip the clutch to minimize the shudder . :help:

Could be clutch judder/worn centre bearing/gearbox mounts/UJ's/engine mounts. Replaced all these on mine but it still judders! :censor:

Could be clutch judder/worn centre bearing/gearbox mounts/UJ's/engine mounts. Replaced all these on mine but it still judders! :censor:

just ditch it and buy a new one :D

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links