Do Not Sell My Personal Information

7a-gze Anyone?

4afte

just found this on eBay,

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...p;rd=1&rd=1

(sorry don't know how to post links on the forum)

anyone else dubious about the;

"THE BLOCK IS FROM A 1997 TOYOTA GIVING A MUCH STRONGER AND THICKER CRANK THAN A STANDARD ENGINE."

other than that sounds good. Anyone up for a conversion?

That engine maybe using the block from an economy 9.5:1 7A-FE found in a number of various Toyotas from 1992 onwards. Although it is a nice and cheap upgrade to increase torque output on the 4A-G's, it is well renowned as having a much weaker crank than the 4A-G's; quite on the contrary to what he says... "THE BLOCK IS FROM A 1997 TOYOTA GIVING A MUCH STRONGER AND THICKER CRANK THAN A STANDARD ENGINE"

The 7A needs work in order to support anything over 7,000 rpm. Also, because of the very long stroke, the rod/stroke ratio is nowhere near ideal. Added to that is the fact that the 7A crank cannot accept a 4A flywheel, so unless you get a custom flywheel manufactured, you're stuck with the heavy stock 7A flywheel. I'm assuming the rods and pistons have been upgraded as there is no way the stock 7A rods/pistons could survive boost in any way, shape or form.

I wouldn't pay that kind of money for it. In my opinion you'd be taking on more problems than it's worth.

I don't think that's a 1800 block will be a 1600 with the stroker kit from HKS.

I just noticed you have a 7A-GE in your AE102 so you obviously know what you're looking at. It doesn't look like a 7A block to you? If it is in fact the HKS Stroker Kit then it would be a good buy, wouldn't mind the HKS crank myself!

If it is in fact the HKS Stroker Kit then it would be a good buy, wouldn't mind the HKS crank myself!

He says it needs new shells. If that's bigend shells and he's driven it like that, the crank could be ****** anyway.

from the photo's although it's hard to tell the oil drain from the head to the block still looks to be there. This is not present on a 7A block so you block it off on the head when doing a 7AGE.

Since this looks to be there I would guess its really a bored out 4A block.

But if it was a 7AGZE with the custom conrod's I'd pay the 500 for that ;)

Think I'll email him to see if he's full of ****.

Do, if you get a response post it up. :thumbsup:

He mentions a belt conversion kit has been done. I'm sure you're aware that because of the longer 7A block the stock 4A-G belt won't fit on a 7A-G setup so maybe that's what he means by the belt conversion kit?

I see there are no bids on it anyway. As Ecsy mentioned about needing new shells, it is unkown what damage may have been caused and this probably has deterred potential buyers.

Would like to see more pictures of the engine see if you can get some :lol: The whole setup just looks weird to me :huh:

Do, if you get a response post it up. :thumbsup:

He mentions a belt conversion kit has been done. I'm sure you're aware that because of the longer 7A block the stock 4A-G belt won't fit on a 7A-G setup so maybe that's what he means by the belt conversion kit?

I see there are no bids on it anyway. As Ecsy mentioned about needing new shells, it is unkown what damage may have been caused and this probably has deterred potential buyers.

This is his reply to me

its done from a 97 corolla engine the flywheel and crank are lightened with receipt, the pulley is a fensport 212 kit, conrods i dont know, the clutch was 350 pounds plus on its own

I think it was done with a 4a block from a 4afe.... guy isn't very forth coming with pictures etc. as a few ppl have asked him.

This is his reply to me

its done from a 97 corolla engine the flywheel and crank are lightened with receipt, the pulley is a fensport 212 kit, conrods i dont know, the clutch was 350 pounds plus on its own

I think it was done with a 4a block from a 4afe.... guy isn't very forth coming with pictures etc. as a few ppl have asked him.

Cool, I sent him the message above asking about the block and he replied:

when i measured the shells i came to the conclushion it was a ae102 corolla 7afe block, i did not build it i have receipts for most things apart from the details on that

I see from his reply to you he doesn't know about the conrods either :huh: what about the pistons? So what exactly, was the £10,000 spent on? Maybe the conrods are forged 24-carat gold... :P