Do Not Sell My Personal Information

I Wanna Get A T Sport

Ckman85

hey guys, I REALLY wanna get a T sport, but probs can only afford a pre-facelift.

wot i want to ask is, how much do u think i would get for my Corolla? its a 2005 55reg done 16kmiles and also how much would a gd price for a pre-facelift with leather seats cost?

I do hav another problem though. Dont laugh now, but i dont know if my parents would actually let me get one :rolleyes: , i actually got the corolla for my bday present last yr and the corolla is actually under my dads name. HMMM i guess i need to try and SWEET talk them into letting me

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ckman85

• fisel

• Jock Fran

• Woodyatlarge

Well toyota are selling something similar to your car for £10k if that gives you a gide. Check it out here

As for a CTS, Most are priced at £10k or less from a delare these days. If you want to keep 5 doors then you are restricted to getting a pre-facelift (I've seen a 54 reg with 5 doors for £10k listed). One thing to mention however is that I personally think your T3 will be more appealing to a dealer as they would find it easier to resell, so you could be cheeky and try and get a straight swap on a facelift cts ;)

Looks like ill being joining u T Sport owners, i think i will most probably get one. I hope the dealer would let me hav a straight swap for a facelift AHAHAHA, but i really doubt it. well to be honest i dont actually wanna spend a lot more for the T sport, so that is y im saying i only probs b able to get a pre-facelift, but i did see a facelift on auto trader for 9k. Well wish me good luck guys and im gna start looking for my BEAST :toast:

arhh yeh i plan to take everything out of my corolla so itll b pretty much standard, ill only leave the kit on if they would giv me a straight swap for facelift. Like u said Minimarc the T3 is more appealing to ppl than the TS. But i do plan on taking out the TTE springs and alloys and my TTE short shift

I got my April 2005 CTS with 16500 miles in Sunburst Red about 4 weeks ago,it was priced at £9995 and a sign on the car said reduced from £10995.

On top of this the Toyota dealership had a £500 cash on the dash deal on any second hand car bought on the last week of March.

Price now at £9495

I had a trade in of my 1997 rusty VW Golf TDI which needed mot a service and new tyres,I got £800 for it as a trade in.This car was a good car to drive but the bodywork was bad and I wanted shot of it as I would have had to spend a fortune on it if I had sold it myself on autotrader.

Price now at £8695 still to pay.

I messed with the Toyota sales man head a bit and told him I had a couple of cars still to look at at another dealers and told him I wasnt sure .

I ended up getting another £95 of the price,car now £8600 a years road tax at £205 and a set of CTS floor mats and a full tank of petrol.

£8600 I paid....minus the road tax at £205 minus the £45 for fuel and I not sure how much a set of genuine CTS mats are but lets say £30

In real terms I paid £8320 + my £800 trade in = £9120 for Facelift April 2005 model.

The only thing let me down was they said they had serviced the car ,I was expecting oil filter ,air filter etc but when I inspected the car they had only changed the oil ...I didnt complain although it did annoy me ,but I will service mysef with good parts KnN filter good plugs etc and feel content .

I think I got a good deal

I got my April 2005 CTS with 16500 miles in Sunburst Red about 4 weeks ago,it was priced at £9995 and a sign on the car said reduced from £10995.

On top of this the Toyota dealership had a £500 cash on the dash deal on any second hand car bought on the last week of March.

Price now at £9495

I had a trade in of my 1997 rusty VW Golf TDI which needed mot a service and new tyres,I got £800 for it as a trade in.This car was a good car to drive but the bodywork was bad and I wanted shot of it as I would have had to spend a fortune on it if I had sold it myself on autotrader.

I messed with the Toyota sales man head a bit and told him I had a couple of cars still to look at at another dealers and told him I wasnt sure .

I ended up getting another £95 of the price,car now £8600 a years road tax at £205 and a set of CTS floor mats and a full tank of petrol.

£8600 I paid....minus the road tax at £205 minus the £45 for fuel and I not sure how much a set of genuine CTS mats are but lets say £30

In real terms I paid £8320 + my £800 trade in = £9120 for Facelift April 2005 model.

The only thing let me down was they said they had serviced the car ,I was expecting oil filter ,air filter etc but when I inspected the car they had only changed the oil ...I didnt complain although it did annoy me ,but I will service mysef with good parts KnN filter good plugs etc and feel content .

arhh sounds like u got a good deal, but i would of thought ud get more for ur golf. Well i found a 2005 Granite grey with 18k miles for £9,991, im gna b checking it out on sunday. Im gna see if i can get the same type of deal as u, or even betta :D

but i think the only problem is, like i said bfor, my current rolla was a bday present from my dad and hes currently still paying it off and doesnt end until end of the year, so the problem now is probs finding the rest of the money to pay it off. so i mite need to get a loan or something.

Sounds like a plan apart from all the finance stuff.....

Getting loans when you don't really need them is a slippery slope.

IMO you should save up until you can actually afford one outright. :)

Sounds like a plan apart from all the finance stuff.....

Getting loans when you don't really need them is a slippery slope.

IMO you should save up until you can actually afford one outright. :)

That's how I live my life. If I can't afford it then I wait until I can. If I were ckman85 then I would probably wait until the end of the year when the finance on the current car is paid off and then look at the trade in cost and how much extra I'd need.

As your dad's still paying for it, I guess the final decision on what you do is ultimately down to him anyway.

Price now at £9495

A minor service is only oil change. Filters don't get changed on CTS until 30k and plugs are 60k (i think). So i think your alrite on that one.

Thanks for offering Fromctr2cts, but ive decided i wanna get a facelift version in Granite

I was speaking to my dad, and he was saying he can pay off the the corolla. so it means no problem with that now. ok im gna b looking at a cts on sunday, r their n e tips u lot can giv me? wot to look out for? and is a 05 cts 18k on clock for £9,991 a good price. I will def haggle with the price, and try and get a nice price for my current rolla.

Price now at £9495

A minor service is only oil change. Filters don't get changed on CTS until 30k and plugs are 60k (i think). So i think your alrite on that one.

Yes you are probably right I as I remember reading the service book .....no worries

Thanks for offering Fromctr2cts, but ive decided i wanna get a facelift version in Granite

I was speaking to my dad, and he was saying he can pay off the the corolla. so it means no problem with that now. ok im gna b looking at a cts on sunday, r their n e tips u lot can giv me? wot to look out for? and is a 05 cts 18k on clock for £9,991 a good price. I will def haggle with the price, and try and get a nice price for my current rolla.

I got an 05 with 10k on the clock and sports leather at the start of the year for 9995 so you should deffinately be able to get a chunk off that. Point out the breaks

One other thing to remeber is petrol!

When your in lift your doing 5mpg to the gallon (the onboard computer says so).... but anyway

This car does eat a bit of the old green stuff when your giving it the beans. My old almera i could get 34 and that was hammering it everywhere, constant redline. The CTS is also constant redline and i'm getting 22 - 25. It all depends on your style of driving and how many points you got on your back. LOL

But it is something to take into consideration. Possibly add an extra £50 - £70 to your current fuel costs per month! thats about a rough idea!! but should be suffice.

Its just something I noticed when I changed from the almera 1.4 to the CTS! Plus check your insurance, the CTS is group 14.

Somethings to take into consideration. But when you go CTS you'll never regret no matter how much debt you get into!

Hehehehe it certainly drinks when on lift.

But if you drive reasonably sensibly you can get decent MPG....

dsc00014xe7.jpg

That's from about 400 miles, mainly motorway and A road. 70-75 on the motorways with the odd blast, and 60-65 on the A roads with a fair bit of lift-overtaking.

AHAHAHA, well im not gna regret with the petrol, the cars gna giv me a massive grin all the time. Luckily i havnt had n e points taken, so im safe for now.

so n e tips for me wen looking for a cts? :help:

Fisel, wot do u mean point out the breaks?

standard CTS breaks seem to be quite weak. If you demonstrate that to them maybe they'll change them for you or knock off another chunk.

standard CTS breaks seem to be quite weak. If you demonstrate that to them maybe they'll change them for you or knock off another chunk.

arhh ok, i will do that, i hav some ebc green stuff pads, so id rather them take off a chunk. i was gna fit them on my current rolla, but i probs fit it on the cts once i get 1

Hehehehe it certainly drinks when on lift.

But if you drive reasonably sensibly you can get decent MPG....

dsc00014xe7.jpg

That's from about 400 miles, mainly motorway and A road. 70-75 on the motorways with the odd blast, and 60-65 on the A roads with a fair bit of lift-overtaking.

the best i ever managed was 416 miles on a tank, but my trip computer said 37mpg. how did you get 40!

Sorry mate how old r u 17-18.............guess i'm going to regret this but i can't stand spoilt rich kids.

Your dad was so kind as to buy u a near 10k car you got it for free done loads to it and now you want to get something better........just think thats a bit out of order :ffs:

If you were my kid i spent 10k on car for you then u siad i want something better already i'd say why don't you go get somewhere to live first and understand what it takes to live in the world

but if thats the upbringing you've had then i can't blame you if you want it and then mum and dad get it whats stopping you now?

Just be greatful for what you have. who'll be paying for insurance on your new t sport.............. i don't know if i'm the only one in here but i guess not alot of people had their first car bought for them.

Why don't you save that money for uni the after u can get a good job and get a top car off your own back

the best i ever managed was 416 miles on a tank, but my trip computer said 37mpg. how did you get 40!

Dunno really, driving style I guess, I expect the trip computer is a bit optimistic though! It's down to 38mpg now as I've been mostly doing town driving since.

Think I need to stop driving like a !Removed!!

Sorry mate how old r u 17-18.............guess i'm going to regret this but i can't stand spoilt rich kids.

Your dad was so kind as to buy u a near 10k car you got it for free done loads to it and now you want to get something better........just think thats a bit out of order :ffs:

If you were my kid i spent 10k on car for you then u siad i want something better already i'd say why don't you go get somewhere to live first and understand what it takes to live in the world

but if thats the upbringing you've had then i can't blame you if you want it and then mum and dad get it whats stopping you now?

Just be greatful for what you have. who'll be paying for insurance on your new t sport.............. i don't know if i'm the only one in here but i guess not alot of people had their first car bought for them.

Why don't you save that money for uni the after u can get a good job and get a top car off your own back

erm sorry the corolla wasnt my 1st car and im not 17-18 thank u very much. im very greatful for my dad buying me the corolla im VERY Grateful. But i neva asked for it, infact i neva knew about it.

It seems like ur kinda calling me a bum aswell, well im not, i work in a restaurant and working hard at it, i dont ask my parents for stuff.

i mean ur right to say i should keep the car, i did speak to my dad about it and he was fine with me getting a cts, with me paying for the rest of it and INSURANCE odviously

I m sure your parents have worked hard for there money too,My father and mother both own businesses and have worked hard to provide for the family,I was bought an 18th birthday present by them which was a Toyota starlet .That was 20 years ago I am 38 now,and I have a family and am saving to buy my daughter a car and send her to university.My parents are over 60 now and both still working dam hard ....

I dont understand why its not acceptable for hard working people to spend there own hard earned money on there own family and have to take abuse from people who mybe havnt been so fortunate to have been in this position themselves.

I thought this was a car forum to talk about cars and share info and stuff ,not a place were people could slag you off on how you got the money to pay for it.

Abuse of this nature should not be accepted....

I m sure your parents have worked hard for there money too,My father and mother both own businesses and have worked hard to provide for the family,I was bought an 18th birthday present by them which was a Toyota starlet .That was 20 years ago I am 38 now,and I have a family and am saving to buy my daughter a car and send her to university.My parents are over 60 now and both still working dam hard ....

I dont understand why its not acceptable for hard working people to spend there own hard earned money on there own family and have to take abuse from people who mybe havnt been so fortunate to have been in this position themselves.

I thought this was a car forum to talk about cars and share info and stuff ,not a place were people could slag you off on how you got the money to pay for it.

Abuse of this nature should not be accepted....

Thanks for the support m8, i appreciate it. I mean im sure pretty much every1 is working hard to get a good job or b successful at their own business to hav a healthy future and to provide for their family, i mean my dad has done well for himself and ive been fortunate to hav things other people havnt had. BUT ive neva asked for things from my parents.

Like wot Woodyatlarge said, this is suppose to b a car forum where people help each other. So please no more abuse.

I test drove the TS today, DAMN I WANT IT BAD, but the price wasnt write for me. The car was advertised for £9,991 so i asked it to dropped down to 9k and i was part exchanging my car and i was quoted 8k for my car. Odviously the guy said no to 9k, i then said to him £9,500 with service, full tank of petrol and carpets, he asked him manager and he said he cudnt do that and said i pay £1,800 so that meant i wud of only had £200 off :angry: then i said i dnt think £9,500 was good enough and asked for £9200 u shud of seen his face wen i said that, i think it took him a while till it clicked into his head. He then said he wudnt b able to do that, so then i left, u think they wud call up accepting my price?

Any1 interest in a 2005 (55 plate) Corolla? done nearly 16k. All kit that was added has been taken off, apart from lowering springs and odviously the TTE spoiler

I think if you sold your car private you would get more for it.Look on autotrader and see if similar to your car is there and how much it is,then work from there.I think I got a good deal buying my CTS a month ago because it was the last CTS they had out of the 3 Compressors and 2 CTS they had for sale and the sales man wanted to get the sale as it was the last few days before the end of month,then he would get his commision on it in his wages.He also might have had a good month sales and was over his targets for the the month and had a bit more give and take dealing with me...to be honest I dont know but he did seem to be a happy hamster that day....

I think if you sold your car private you would get more for it.Look on autotrader and see if similar to your car is there and how much it is,then work from there.I think I got a good deal buying my CTS a month ago because it was the last CTS they had out of the 3 Compressors and 2 CTS they had for sale and the sales man wanted to get the sale as it was the last few days before the end of month,then he would get his commision on it in his wages.He also might have had a good month sales and was over his targets for the the month and had a bit more give and take dealing with me...to be honest I dont know but he did seem to be a happy hamster that day....

Damn, wot dealer did u go to? and who was this happy chappy?

i need to go to DVLA tomorrow and get my private plate taken off my car, does n e 1 know how long it wud take and how much would it cost to keep hold of the plate?

Thanks

I got mine from Inchcape in Derby and the ones they have now are like a grand more expensive than some of the ones they at the start of the year with less mileage. Seems like the price gaps are pretty big between the start and end of the year in comparison to the summer. Probably harder to get a better deal too. You could wait until then (i know i couldnt though lol).

Probably best to sell your car private like Woodyatlarge said. You probably wont get as good a deal as you could if you part ex a car of nearly the same value.

I think its 70 or 80 to transfer a plate. Not sure how long it takes though.