Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Toyota Curren

emma321

Hiya.

I have a Toyota Curren. I am having trouble getting parts in Ireland for it. Was told its the same as a ST202 Celica. I needed cv joints and droplinks for it. I got a drive from Japan of a Curren and the rest of a ST202 Celica. All the parts I had got from the Celica were wrong. I got the other parts here in Ireland, the drive cost me 300e so when I thought the others would fit I didnt get the second one, as the cost was quite high! Wish i spent the extra money now!

So was just wondering would anyone on here happen to know what parts woud fit or would my best bet be to go and get the drive again from Japan.

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks

Emma

• 2 weeks later...

depends on if yours is the turbo version, i think the engines are the same but things like suspension and bits like that im sure are different

Hiya.

I have a Toyota Curren. I am having trouble getting parts in Ireland for it. Was told its the same as a ST202 Celica. I needed cv joints and droplinks for it. I got a drive from Japan of a Curren and the rest of a ST202 Celica. All the parts I had got from the Celica were wrong. I got the other parts here in Ireland, the drive cost me 300e so when I thought the others would fit I didnt get the second one, as the cost was quite high! Wish i spent the extra money now!

So was just wondering would anyone on here happen to know what parts woud fit or would my best bet be to go and get the drive again from Japan.

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks

Emma

Do you know what model of curren you have ?, they had a range of engines in the curren some like the 1.8 7A-FE and the 2.0 3S-GE ,as fitted to UK celica models ,then they had the 2.0 3S-FE which was a jap home market engine.

Once you know what model you have ,it might be easer to order parts :) , do you know the MODEL CODE ?, ( Curren model codes start with ...E-ST206 ) its on the silver plate in the engine bay, this link may help......

http://english.auto.vl.ru/catalog/toyota/curren/

Bob :thumbsup: .

actull found the parts a few days agos. the CV Joints are from a Carina E GTI in case there is a search on it again, mite be help to a few people. Dont know yet wat i can get links of will have to wiat see. thanks for replyin tho!

• 3 weeks later...

actull found the parts a few days agos. the CV Joints are from a Carina E GTI in case there is a search on it again, mite be help to a few people. Dont know yet wat i can get links of will have to wiat see. thanks for replyin tho!

Which is the 3S-GE engine ;)

1,8litre engine is the 7A-FE

2,0litre family-engine is the 3S-FE

2,0litre GT-engine is the 3S-GE. If it had a turbo (which i don't know whether it exist or not for the Curren, it would be a 3S-GTE)

I bet the 3S-GE engine of yours is the generation 2 - and then it's the same engine as the Carlos Sainz Celica (ST185)