Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Passenger Side Window Keeps Falling Out......

Xenole

Went to Reading a little while ago had to open the front passenger window to talk to someone. As soon as it got about 1/3 of the way down, the window tilted forward and sort of fell into the door frame i.e. the bit that should be towards the back of the door was pointing upwards half way along the door.

Managed to use my hand to eventually get it back into place and could then fully move it back up electronically.

Same thing happened this morning and this time it took a bit more effort to get back into place - although when I put my hand on it and applied a slight bit of downwards pressure, I could easily slide the window back down - not good for a secure car. Did manage to get it fully up eventually.

Any ideas what would be causing this? Seal problem?

Also, any rough ideas how much this sort of thing costs to repair?

Best thing is to take door card off and have a look for yourself as you will be paying alot for some one else to look at it, its just a few screws and some poppers!

And how do I go about doing that? (Or is this statement saying "Get someone to look at it as you obviously haven't a clue so don't attempt it!?)

I have a friend with a yaris who's driver door does this, we tracked it down to a cracked/bent support arm inside the door, I couldn't see how a repair could be made so he's currently saving up for a new motor assembly and a couple of hours labour.

I've got this exact same problem with my car at the moment.

The runner got bent by the bracket that stops the door opening too far, and twisted everything!

I've had to take my whole door apart, and take everything out and start from scratch, and had to bend everything back into place with a set of molegrips, it's not ideal, but it works for now. Can't afford the repair cost until after my new goodies arrive:)

Mine has done this on the drivers side - had to drive all the way to Toyota dealer in glasgow in the rain (have to replace the whole unit) but warranty is a fabolous thing

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links