Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Storage

Gav 18

Reading through the brochure for the Auris I was led to believe that all models have an overhead storage box, for the likes of sunglasses etc. Mine seems to be missing?!? Or if it is there I've not figured out how to open it yet. Does this come as standard on all models or just the likes of the T-Sprit and above. My Auris is the TR spec.

Cheers

There should be some overhead storage. It should be located where the map reading lights are...if you can see a panel just behind the lights, push it up and it should lower.

Hope this helps...I use it to put in my mobile phone....keeps it out of sight

Nope nothing doing. I thought there would have been a logo or writing where you need to push but nothing. I've attached a picture. Does it look different from anyone elses?

post-39015-1177426631_thumb.jpg

Nope nothing doing. I thought there would have been a logo or writing where you need to push but nothing. I've attached a picture. Does it look different from anyone elses?

Well that is the right area lol...my Auris does not have that button on the panel and this is most likely why it's not there. You are right though, The car was advertised as that storage being standard!

There is no writing or indication on the panel which leads you to believe that the compartment is just that.

Hmmmm. The button is for turning the internal alarm sensors off for leaving pets etc in the car. I assumed this also is standard on all models, as I didn't specify any additional alarm when ordering. I might have a word with my dealer and see what happens.

The T180 does not have the overhead storage as the controls for the moon window are located there instead.

Not all Auris models have this overhead storage. Im not sure which do/which dont have this fitted but they definately arent all the same.

If i remember i will take a look tomorrow.

Mart

My dealer phoned me last night to see how things were going with the car. I queried the storage and he says that diesel's don't have the overhead storage. Does anyone know if they have a different alarm, having a button there instead?

When we picked our Auris up which is a TR 2.0 diesel the guy said as having a different alarm system the diesels dont have an overhead storage thing. Surely they could have put that darn button somewhere else. so we could have the storage

• 4 weeks later...

My 2.0 ltr diesel T3 doesn't have the overhead storage either, was rather miffed when I realised.

My 2.0 ltr diesel T3 doesn't have the overhead storage either, was rather miffed when I realised.

The simple answer is, if you have a sunroof you don't have the storage. I asked the question of the dealer with my T180.

I have a 2.0 Diesel, and I have that storage room..

It can't fit my sunglasses though, which is kind of lame..

B)-->

QUOTE(Brian B @ May 20 2007, 06:47 PM)

The simple answer is, if you have a sunroof you don't have the storage. I asked the question of the dealer with my T180.

Indeed it would be perfectly simple...if I had a sunroof...which I don't. :wacko:

Hi I think its because any alarmed models have the motion sensor

placed where the storage space is in T2 and maybe T3 spec cars

Maybe I won't help much since I'm in Portugal and the models can be a little different. I have a Sol Auris 1.4 D4D and I have that storage compartment. However my auris didn't had an alarm system by default. Eventually I request one and it was one of the offers from the dealer and was installed by the dealer itself. Also I don't have such button anywhere although I have volumetric sensors.

• 1 month later...
I have a 2.0 Diesel, and I have that storage room..

It can't fit my sunglasses though, which is kind of lame..

I have a 2.0 Diesel D4D T-Spirit and I dont have that storage room !

We test drove 2 models a couple of weeks ago, both did not have sunroofs. The 6 month old D4D T-Spirit didn't have the overhead storage but the new 1.6 TR did.

Not sure if that helps or not.

about the overhead storage box, the clip that holds it shut came off!! anyone know how to fix it?

about the overhead storage box, the clip that holds it shut came off!! anyone know how to fix it?

Yes...take it to the Toyota dealership which is closest and get it sorted F O C :)

Mart

• 2 weeks later...

Indeed it would be perfectly simple...if I had a sunroof...which I don't. :wacko:

agreed - me neither, was pleasantly surprised tho' when I found more storage beneath the mid cup holder instead, not sure it mentions that in the manual :yahoo: