Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Draining Of Power

djdk

Hi All..

Firstly let me thank you in advance if you are able to help me in some manner or even point me in the right direction!

I have a 01 celica 190bhp.

Every now and again the fan kicks in too cool whateve it needs to be coolin but it drains the power from the lights and the radio. you can see the lights dim and the radio justs knocks off. This all happens for just a second or two but it is very very very annoying :censor: !!!

Does anyone know of this problem?

Is there someway i can stop the power of the fan drainin everything else??

• 1 month later...

Morning

I have a 02 t-sport and think i might have the same problem i think?

The radio cuts out like a cd skipping over a speed bump would, i cant say ive seen my lights flash but the dash certainly dimms tho..

Asked the local garage having no idea what was causing this they said

"sorry intermittnant problem no can do!"

so if you manage to sort this Would you post the fix it would be much appreciated.

Cheers

i have a similar problrm but its not fan related, when i am listening to the stereo, and i flash someone to come out, the first time i ever do this on the journey the CD player cuts out, is this a problem that anyone else is having, i will be fitting my aftermarket as soon as the facia comes into Halfords and will test to see if it does it then too, but surely it shouldnt be doing this at all

I have seeen this problem mentioned on www.celica-club.co.uk I beleve it is a problem with the ECU,

i have a similar problrm but its not fan related, when i am listening to the stereo, and i flash someone to come out, the first time i ever do this on the journey the CD player cuts out, is this a problem that anyone else is having, i will be fitting my aftermarket as soon as the facia comes into halfords and will test to see if it does it then too, but surely it shouldnt be doing this at all

Got the a diognostic report done on her from an electrical engineer and not a fault could b found !!

Put a new blitz filter in and it took a while for the ecu to adjust to the extra air in-take but that was the only problem shown up..

He was familiar with celica's and told me that it was in their nature to to this. Said that there is no harm being caused and its something that i have to live with.I think i can learn to put up with it for the sake of drivin a celica!

Its put my mind at ease - hope it does the same for yourselves .....

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links