Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hiace Mpg?

jago25_98

On the one hand I've read that a Hiace won a fuel efficiency competition:

"The MPG Marathon has proved the impressive fuel efficiency capable from Hiace with its 2.5-litre D-4D engine"

On the other hand I met someone who has a Hiace camper van and was complaining about it being very thirsty.

I've also seen mention of bad fuel economy on this forum regarding an Hiace.

What gives?

The Hiace looks like the best value Van choice if this was clearer. I'm trying to choose a van to sleep in from time to time.

Also been recommended to check out the Regius, Granvia and Largo.

My Hi-Ace Regius (1998 model) has a 3 liter engine and does around 28 MPG (not a scientific study but based on my own tests) in rural driving (which is to say, generally going around 50 MPH or so....)

The 2.5 engine is in the van version and not in the import MPV's in this country, we only have the 2.4 2.8 and 3.0 liter engines...

• 6 years later...

Yes I agree with jago25_98 I have been looking around at vans and the Hiace 2.5L van stands out. I've had a Toyota Corrola for many years now, and apart from the break pads and tyres nothing has needed changing. I'm now after a Hiace and would like to know what sort of MPG I may get out of it. I will be using it to transport my windsurf stuff so not much load in kgs

Does anyone know the MPG of the 2.5 Hiace van

Thanks,

Mark

http://www.motormotormotor.com