Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

What To Do?

yellowchinaman

My spoiler blocks ara looking a bit poo.

The white is a different shade.

The paint is chipped around the edged and web cracks all over

And the indent GT-FOUR had been painted by someones left foot

All looks very shoddy!

I want to strip the paint and touch up the edges and paint them black.

Any idea how to remove the blocks and how to strip the paint?

To remove the spoiler you have 2 bolts under each of the blocks. One is visible when you open the boot... and the other one is a pain in the rear to get to.

You have to remove the plastic section at the base of the windscreen... then you will see the remaining bolt which needs to come off. The hard part is getting it off with out loosing the bolt as its behind some metal.. not much space to play with.

Actually that aint too bad its getting it back on thats even more difficult.. :P

The blocks themselves i belive are stuck on to the spoiler part so not sure how to get that off.

Hope that helps...

Stuck on!!! OMG I thought they'd use some kind of extr long screw which goes throught the block and into theorigional holes in the spoiler or something?

Looks like I'll have to take the spoiler off and wrap it up in news paper then spray the blocks whilst still on. :(

Seeing as you have a st202 with GT4 blocks on then chances are they aren't actually stuck on. I'd try and take them off, it's only a couple of bolts!!!! Probably do a much better job that way and then you can clean all that grime which is really difficult to get to around the base of the blocks :thumbsup:

m8 its not hard at all , iv had mines of and on a few times , infact i just removed the blocks from my 202 because i was in a smash and demodded the car before it got taken to the garage, i got the spoiler and blocks off in under 5 mins .

the first bolt to take off on ether side is under a hole bung , remove the bung and remove the first bolts (10mm socket) the other bolts are behind the plastic trim in the middle, it pops of really easy , once that's off just unbolt them like the first , mines didn't have anything in front of the bolts , once you have the whole spoiler off you will see 2 big holes on ether block , inside them holes you will see ether a screw or bolt (not sure what the official fitting kit looks like i just used self tapping 10mm bolts).

Its not hard at all m8

as i had a 202 i wanted the gt four filled in, i paid £70 to get them filled and painted so you might find a good body shop will charge less if its just to paint them..

Kev

edit: putting the spoiler on is soooo easy , there's a locating hole on the boot that a little lug on the spoiler block sits in so its just a case of placing the spoiler on the boot and bolting it up, the little lug keeps it in place

Thanks for the advice guys. One thing though. I wouldn't want to fill in the wrighting though because I no longer own a ST202 but a ST205 :D

Aahhh I see!!! Hope you enjoying it! Update your profile information!!!!!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links