Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Xt5 New Owner - Few Issues

Wookie27

Hi All I have just purchased a 56 Reg Rav 4 XT5, which had a nice few extras such as the style pack and the in-car entertaintment system. I love the car apart from a few minor issues.

1) LIke other members on this forum I cannot transfer my Nokia mobile address book to the the car bluetooth ( it just disconnects when i start the transfer - has anybody solved this issue yet ?)

2) If I have the radio on and put the rear windscreen wiper on i get a bit of interference on the radio !

3) Have also experienced the loud "Hummimg Noise" at higher speeds .

Have any other XT5 owners had any other gripes I should be aware of ?

Hi All I have just purchased a 56 Reg Rav 4 XT5, which had a nice few extras such as the style pack and the in-car entertaintment system. I love the car apart from a few minor issues.

1) LIke other members on this forum I cannot transfer my Nokia mobile address book to the the car Bluetooth ( it just disconnects when i start the transfer - has anybody solved this issue yet ?)

2) If I have the radio on and put the rear windscreen wiper on i get a bit of interference on the radio !

3) Have also experienced the loud "Hummimg Noise" at higher speeds .

Have any other XT5 owners had any other gripes I should be aware of ?

My XT4, too, has radio interference when the rear wiper sweeps - noticeable but can't say it's bothered me.

The noise I had a few days ago (like a motor bike behind me) went when I turned off that road and hasn't returned (even on the same stretch of road); no other hums to speak of. I've noticed one of the body protection strips on my rear bumper is starting to detach - it's something I would be checking if I had a vague humming noise on mine (mine's nowhere near coming off or actually lifting but will apply a dab of glue sometime to make sure it stays that way).

Can't comment on the phone issue as I have the 6CD changer instead of the fancy screen (I have a portable Garmin GPS and a bluetooth earpiece for my phone)

1) LIke other members on this forum I cannot transfer my Nokia mobile address book to the the car Bluetooth ( it just disconnects when i start the transfer - has anybody solved this issue yet ?)

I've just collected my new RAV4 (also an XT5), and I'm having trouble with this too. I didn't realise it was a common problem (hadn't yet got as far as checking). I'm also new to the phone: my previous one didn't have bluetooth, but my brother kindly donated a Nokia 6600 so that I could make use of the car's hands-free capabilities. Having only had a much older phone (extremely basic compared with the 6600!) I'm not at all familiar with bluetooth data exchange, phones that run applications etc. etc., so I'm on a rather steep learning curve with the phone as well as the RAV's system!

Anyway, I managed to transfer phonebook entries (albeit only one at a time - see below). I also found that the connection is dropped as soon as I initiated "Data Transfer" mode from the RAV, but the transfer process itself seems to involve a connect/send/disconnect sequence. Once it's all complete, "normal" connection is automatically re-established.

As mentioned above, I can only send one at a time this way (a real pain!). If I "Mark" all entries, the option to send to bluetooth isn't available. According to a bit on Nokia's site, newer phones come with an application (Data Move?) that can transfer the whole Contacts book in one go, but others can only transfer singly. So that might be the best I can expect (unless there's an add-in application out there that can help, I haven't yet started looking).

Don't know if that's any help, but it's all I can offer at the moment.

I haven't yet noticed either of the other gripes that you mention. One of my gripes at the moment is the lack of voice command information in the manual - they seem to be listed only on the system's own Help pages. One of the few things the manual does say about it seems to indicate that you can navigate to an arbitrary address by voice:

You can also say the street name or address (ex. say "Woodridge Avenue")

... but that doesn't seem to work for me. It doesn't seem terribly likely that a voice recognition system would cope with the large list of names (largely proper names) stored in the gazetteer anyway, so perhaps I'm misinterpreting what the manual means.

Humming noise may be 1, wind noise ,seems most noticable around mirrors at about 40mph. 2, Headlining /sunroof mechanism, just to front of sunroof.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links