Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Celica Is A Better Drive Than A Porsche....

The Red Man

Since a young lad i have loved Porsches and last week I gave up my Celica GT and had a Boxster S for the day. Now I work for an accident management company and so do alot of driving up and down the country. 300bhp sounded like it would be alot of fun and as I had to go from Manchester to Bristol I had alot of time to get familiar with it. Firstly I was gutted as it was the only day in April it rained and it was a soft top, but after the initial 20 miles I found myself wanting my GT back. Most people would love to drive half the cars I do, but I would rather have not ruined my dream!

Has anyone else ever driven a car they loved and then realised there actually not that good?

I did however get to drive another car I love that week and whilst I hate BMW's the M3 has been on my wish list for a while. According to the stats its not much quicker than the porsche but Jesus it felt it, in every gear at any revs this thing would have killed the boxster!

LauraPhone032.jpg

let me get this right... you drove a Boxster S and found it less rewarding to drive than the Celica GT?

Mid engine.. RWD... I can only presume you dont have much experience of the mid engine RWD setup...

Boxster over a Celica GT... think you might be on your own with that particular scenario. :P

With reagrds to driving a dream car and being let down i have not had the fortune to drive the Diablo SE20 but im sure it would not dissapoint! :lol:

Its a nice car but not quite as fast as it could be for 300bhp! Well DB9 is as good as I get in the dream car stakes;)

Well DB9 is as good as I get in the dream car stakes;)

My Uncle has one of those.........I keep challenging him to a race but he always chickens out ;)

Erm ain't that a BMW :blink:

Where the hell have you been? :lol::thumbsup:

i love racing them boxter s things... the owner always looks like they think they will win...

but they lose badly :lol: