Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Puncture Repair

ritch

i took my celica GT to kwik-fit to get a puncture repaired and they refused to do it, said something about the rims and that they not got the right tools to do the job safely. they added that not many garages like them work on imports.

anyway, im new to this stuff and am wondering what im meant to do when i wanna quickly get a puncture repaired. would tyreweb do the job?

i got 17 inch alloys btw and am hoping they can fix without me getting a new tyre

cheers for any advice

Hmm.... can't say I ever had trouble with my car being an import and I know sometimes tyres can't be repaired safely but I know they usually try and get you to buy a new tyre!!

Speaking as a tyre fitter... try another tyre place :thumbsup:

As for tyre weld products.. leave them on the shelf and get a proper repair.

Whatrims have you got mate? Some rims have a lip which is easy to scratch and quick fit would know better then to take the risk. Some other place will most likely do it but they don't exactly care about your shiny rims.

You're in Kent. I'r decamend you slap on that spare wheel and go to Elite on the A13 after ilford heading to essex. They'll have all the tools to do it and prices are fantastic too.

http://www.elitedirect.com/

thanks for the replies. had to get it done quickly today as the puncture got worse. went to tyreweb in the end, they said they couldnt fix it so i had to buy a new tyre for £80, not the ideal scenario but there you go.

the wheels i got are 17" oxigen zwei i think, where on it when i got the car. Id like to get some oz wheels though, saw some in tyreweb that looked very tempting!

Ouch!! Hope it was a decent tyre! When I put Eagle F1s on mine the handling was immense, felt like a totally different car to when I had cheap ones on. Mind you the tyre fitting place wanted £138 for 1 !!!! So I got them for £80 online!! BArgain!

I keep seeing wheels that I like, but then seeing nicer sets! Oxigen zwei hey? Oh yeah know the ones! ;) :D

• 3 weeks later...

i took my celica GT to kwik-fit to get a puncture repaired and they refused to do it, said something about the rims and that they not got the right tools to do the job safely. they added that not many garages like them work on imports.

Whats the difference between removing an import wheel and a UK one????

Perhaps they dont have a category on their computer for imports for the records.

Anyhoo, i popped into quick fit, for a puncture (screw in the tyre) and they took the wheel off, had a look from the inside and said since its at an angle and they cant fix it, and got a quote for a new type... £140.

Yeah! i got them to put the wheel back on, and i went to another tyre fitting place and paid them £7 for the job.

Are quick fit the boys to trust? lol

Whats the difference between removing an import wheel and a UK one????

Are quick fit the boys to trust? lol

The difference is in the wheel nuts/studs mostly.. there isn't much room between them and the wheel.. ie, the hole isn't big enough to get a normal socket or a wheel key in... a thin wall socket (like a spark plug socket) is needed to remove them.. some cars have "Tuner" style nuts/studs.. these are removed with an Allen Key type tool which you attach a socket to.

To answer your other question..NO!!! ;)

anyway, im new to this stuff and am wondering what im meant to do when i wanna quickly get a puncture repaired. would tyreweb do the job?

i got 17 inch alloys btw and am hoping they can fix without me getting a new tyre

cheers for any advice

Funny that I took mine today and had my punture fixed for about £15 in 10 mins!

The driver asked for the mileage and when I checked it was 123456!!!!! :eek::lol:

I agree with cfc1, I work with tyre fitters at an independant garage, they've had tyres off my import, and the only minor problem they had was the valve is some odd type, and they had to get a couple in.

"You can't get thicker than a quick fit fitter"

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links