Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Parts Fall Off Cts?

martenj76

At first i discovered that the plastic around the lower fog-light was missing, prehaps it was missed when the mounted after fitting a TTE front spoiler. But now the plastic thing that covers the washer for the frontlights are missing!!! Have you guys having trouble with parts that fall off your CTS? :ffs:

I´m getting tired of returning to the dealer now and then to get parts refitted.

hi martenj76

when i was change the fog light bulb i notice the the plastic thing that cover the fog light was really loose on both side so i use good old double sided tape now no longer loose :thumbsup:

do you think your dealer will replace them for free or do you have to paid?

ps you have washer for the front lights :o ??? i dont have that

Oh, I hope you sort this out...

I've been finding a couple of plastic L shaped thingies on the floor at the rear. Does anyone now where they come from? :wacko:

Does your TS have hooks for the driver's carpet not to be pushed to the pedals?

Mine doesn't.

The 1.6 version has them. :wacko:

Have the plastics at the back end of the front seat rails been kicked off their glue by back seat passengers? <_<

At first i discovered that the plastic around the lower fog-light was missing

i have had the same problem ..

but my toyota delear was nice enough to replace it for free ..

yeah well the plastic around the foglight was replaced by my dealer at no cost. But this plastic thing over the hole to the frontlight washers (yes i got washers, havent tried them yet though) is missing and i hardly think that they only can fall off?? My left one is still there and it sits really tight.. but i emailed the dealer so i soon get a answer from him i hope

My old Corolla G6R never had this problems with parts falling off.

It´s better if there were things inside the car that falls off because you then are able to find it on the floor, outside its gone forever. But yeah, it´s still very annoying

Mine doesn't.

The 1.6 version has them. :wacko:

Mine doesn´t got that. But i can fix the carpet right under the left "foot-rest" next to the clutch and then it won´t be pushed up under the pedals.

Mine doesn't.

The 1.6 version has them.  :wacko:

Mine doesn´t got that. But i can fix the carpet right under the left "foot-rest" next to the clutch and then it won´t be pushed up under the pedals.

Hooks are not a CTS feature ;-)... they come with mats actually, so your dealer must have forgotten to fit them ;-)

If you lift the carpet mat you will notice a small black ring, this is where the clip goes for the mats, go back to the dealership and raise this point as it could be very paintfull if the mat gets caught around the pedals. :wacko:

Dan :thumbsup:

I've been finding a couple of plastic L shaped thingies on the floor at the rear. Does anyone now where they come from? :wacko:

Have the plastics at the back end of the front seat rails been kicked off their glue by back seat passengers? <_<

the L shape things are from the runners on the seats ... same thing happened to mine

i also had probs with the airvents round the radio popping out

Hi Chris Peterson

The carpet hooks-holes are described as necessary in the manual! I do not understand why our Greek dealers "forget" to put them.

I also do not have any carpet hooks, and in fact I had a lot of trouble when the car was delivered to me (with already misplaced carpet) and I left immediately for a 200Km trip.

The installed alarm TH2000 in my CTS does not include the needed circuit board to close the windows when activated. When the car was delivered, the salesman just told me that this alarm has not the windows' function, but I read its manual where it appears as standard (!) And recently I asked a technician who told me that I need the extra board! Its cost was obviously important for Neos Kifissos (central Greek dealer of Toyota Hellas) but I cannot believe that they also save money by avoiding to put the carpet hooks! I think that they simply do not care about details. After the first ~50km and while driving in the highway, I also realized that the carpet at the fron left pillar was hanging, as it had been lifted to pass the wires for the alarm! The car's body was also full of residues from sticking tapes that are apparently used in its transportation (and of course the installation of back spoiler).

I also consider unacceptable that TOYOTA Hellas imports CTS without double locks. I understand that it is practically impossible to instal them at a dealer. You would need to change everything in the locks' system, it will cost too much and ... whom could you trust to fix it properly!

Hi CTS03.

I understand. I suggest you make a list of what bothers you and send a formal letter to Toyota Hellas and your local dealer. Ask for anything you believe you have the right to and demand for a very meticulous investigation of the noises you hear in the car. Toyota Hellas are extremely busy selling cars like they're hot cakes, maybe Toyota in general is more interested in the Formula 1 thing than in the creaks of the Corolla, but they are VERY sensitive to complaints.

Also e-mail me at amanrain@hotmail.com and write 'Toyota' as the subject