Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Celica Gtr 4ws Advice Please

Wittybebop

Hi all, I'm a newbie on here but hopefully will get to post a few articles :rolleyes: , I am bordering on buying a Celica and I want to know if the price is good or not.

Apparently it's an imported Celica GTR 4WS, J reg plate, 67,000 gen miles, everything works electrics etc, alloys are fitted and it has an alarm fitted, it's immaculate inside and apart from the wiper arms need changing it's mint on the outside.

Asking price is £2,000 dead!, so it this a good buy or not?

Also has a stereo in it original Celica one, but couldent try it as the facia was missing but a nice Clarion headset will sort it. are the box standard systems and good?

Thanks.

Decient car but the GTR 4WS stands for 4 wheel steering as im sure you know and this is an expensive bit of equipment.

Personally i would stay clear myself because if a system like this went wrong it would cost the earth to repair.

2 things mate..

1 = Import parts are a :censor: to get a hold off and also very expensive compared to the same part in a uk spec car.

2 = For £2k you can get a K plate UK spec GT with FSH which i only saw a couple of weeks back on the online autotrader...

I only just bought my J plate Celica GT about just over a month ago for £2,200 with a FSH and brand new 17" rims...and its the dogs bits.. :thumbsup:

Part's could possibly be a downfall, but touch wood it's in excelent condition, weve had it lying round at work for quite some time, boss part ex it last year, for another car.

We know the Service history of it, and I can buy all parts trade as I'm in the motor trade and we have some very understanding toyota dealers :)

However I'm interested to know is it more powerfull than the uk spec of car, and what extra does it if any have over the uk spec?

Thanks.

If anything is gonna be less powerful than the UK model because of the extra power required for the steering of the rear wheels.

• 2 years later...
Hi all, I'm a newbie on here but hopefully will get to post a few articles  :rolleyes: , I am bordering on buying a Celica and I want to know if the price is good or not.

Apparently it's an imported Celica GTR 4WS, J reg plate, 67,000 gen miles, everything works electrics etc, alloys are fitted and it has an alarm fitted, it's immaculate inside and apart from the wiper arms need changing it's mint on the outside.

Asking price is £2,000 dead!, so it this a good buy or not?

Also has a stereo in it original Celica one, but couldent try it as the facia was missing but a nice Clarion headset will sort it. are the box standard systems and good?

Thanks.

ive just got 4ws gtr on j plate and the guy i got it from said it was worth about 1500 quid and that inc gas converted (lpg)but mine has one or two little bits to attend to little niggly rattles needs a double din stereo and aerial and little stone chips here and there its also only done 39000 kms according to mot sheet and clocks but i think its done slighlt more but i bought it because i wanted a change from big saloons and i love driving it even with its rattles etc handles like its stuck down to the road going hard you get grip and g-forces love it knock him down to 16oo anhell say 1800 you split the difference at 1700 job done (inc stereo face () best of luck k/regards paul nb anybody outthere with parts and info on gtr 4ws please email me rhino3007@aol.com thanks

Max.power (Net), kw(PS)/rpm 165 ps (121.36 kw) / 6800 rpm

jap specs

If anything is gonna be less powerful than the UK model because of the extra power required for the steering of the rear wheels.

I think it's passive rws, so it won't have any effect on engine output. The power will be about the same as a UK car, as the j-specs have a cat fitted as standard (only fitted >1992 UK gen 5s). This will loose a few horses, but the j-spec ECUs are programmed for 100 RON fuel (i.e. more timing advance), so you get a bit more power back this way. A decat will see you just over 160 hp.

£2000 sounds a reasonable price for this car if it really is immaculate, like you say. Bear in mind that insurance is likely to be more expensive for an import.