Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Do I Buy A Celica Gt4 Or A Gt?

Sprouts_Celica_GT

:help::help::help:

Hi i'm Tom, I'm browsing at Gen 6 Celicas at the moment, have been checking all the facts and stats etc... but i'm stuck between the Gt4, for obvious power, handling, performnce upgrades and generally think the cars the bees knees, insurance isn't an isue but need some advice from you guys on what to do as i don't think i'm going to be able to drive down the road without needing to re-fuel?!!? And the 175 bhp Celica GT, as i haven't really had a performance car before (don't get me wrong i can Drive!!!)but i can see myself getting bored with the GT and kicking myself for not byting the bullet and getting the turbo gt4.

Be well interested to here what you lot think and appreciative AS ITS DRIVING ME UP THE WAll!!!

go for the gt4 :yahoo: you wont be disapointed,these cars are so much fun and when you get bored with the stock power its very easy to up the boost with a few simple mods :thumbsup:

yes the car does like a drink of fuel :unsure: but depends on how you drive it. If your not caneing it every minute its not too bad. :yes:

If you can afford the fuel / maintenance of the GT4, go for the GT4. :)

Looking at around 20-25mpg around town driving... depending how you drive :lol:

yes and we've all heard about your driving jones :lol::eek: more like 2 to the gallon :lol:

A few people on here have bought a GT and wanted to upgrade almost straight away. (myself included) I'd say get a four if you can afford it, although starting with a GT is great 1st experience with high powered cars and Celicas and you would not be disappointed with either!

If insurance isn't a problem why not get an import SSIII with Beams red-top engine??? Around 200BHP stock! :drool:

yes and we've all heard about your driving jones :lol::eek: more like 2 to the gallon :lol:

No point driving like an old woman is there :P

Nice one people, thanks for the replies, its my first post and was chuffed to see the support so nice one for that!!!

I've been seriously researching both cars and have had a unanimous decision on the gt4 for about everything to do with the car secept fuel and an extra 3 to 4 hundred notes on maintanance so its a fair few months away but i'm set on the 4!!!

ok heres a question for ya (and i'll do a new post incase this doesn't get reviewed!)

i've been hereing clutches going around 60k and disks at around 75-80k, do i go for the low milage or look to pick one up over a 100k purely because i know all major works been re-done? and when is the turbo likley to need a newy or some tlc?

o and how much should i put in the kitty for maintaince (yearly) around 800 or am i being a bit optimistic??

good choice to buy the gt4. I bought a GT and a year late sold it for a GT4.

ive had my GT4 for nearly 2 years and at the moment its running 120bhp more than when i bought it. In the whole time ive had it the only parts ive had to replace have been:

-Passenger side suspesion lower arm

-Pair of front shocks (due to one leaking)

And thats it. they are solid cars and mine is redlined pretty much every day and it keeps going strong ;)

totally agree! I bought a gen 5 gti-16 and within 4 months I'd got myself a st205 gt-4, I use mine everyday, totally reliable as long as you understand that these are performance vehicles and may need a few bits and bobs doing to them.

GT's are cruisers so unless you want a car with a 170bhp engine that needs its backside revving off just to get going, then go with the 4!

I also think that GT's are not at all as good as they should be MPG wise, I only got 40 miles on £10 which does not justify the difference in performance. Gear ratios too long and engine needs to be over 5k to really shift.

If insurance isn't a problem why not get an import SSIII with Beams red-top engine??? Around 200BHP stock! :drool:

I agree, i've owned a 98 UK GT and two 95 GT4's and i've always told myself that if i was to buy another it would be a SS3 VVTI import :thumbsup:

200bhp, no lag, lighter than a GT4 or a UK Spec GT. Also the prettiest of the Gen6 celica's in standard form with the full Aero pack :thumbsup:

I agree, i've owned a 98 UK GT and two 95 GT4's and i've always told myself that if i was to buy another it would be a SS3 VVTI import :thumbsup:

200bhp, no lag, lighter than a GT4 or a UK Spec GT. Also the prettiest of the Gen6 celica's in standard form with the full Aero pack :thumbsup:

Hear hear! If I stick with Celicas (and I've no reason to think why not as I love my GT) I'd love to get a SSIII with Aero kit like my mates at home lucky bugger! Just couldn't afford it this time round... with the projector headlamps and skirts they look the nuts, especially in white! :drool::thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...

I bought a 97 Gen6 GT This time last year which i'm still driving now and love her to bits but now it's time for a 4. The GT is the first performance-ish car i've owned and has been a great starter car to get me ready for what is to come :)

I allways knew i wanted a 4 but took the steady option and eased myself into it gently getting used to the car and how it drives compared to the run about town's i've had in the past.

So my advise would be to buy what ever suits you the best. Get a GT if you are unsure about handling the power of the 4 from the word go...OR get the 4, drive it steady till you get used to it then enjoy your days in the best of the 2 :D

i agree i had the gtr :) :) :)

100_0415.jpg

then i bought this monster well worth it !!! best car i ever been in it just seems the gtr (gt uk spec) just isnt that fast as its heavy and well it just hasnt a turbo :D :D :D

gt4.jpg

as been said by most of the guys, if you can afford the petrol/insurance on a gt4 then go

for-it, but also bare in-mind that IF you have problems with it, it can turn into a nightmare,

thats why alot of new gt4 owners only have them a few months and end-up selling them on

to the `the next guy` to sort-out, not meaning to worry anyone, but the hardest part is finding

a good one in the first place, and only my opinion on highperformance and modded cars is,

dont blow all your cash on a car you can `justabout`afford, when you may need more cash

to sort-out any problems, and as far as these cars are conserned, cheapest is NOT a good

deal

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links