Do Not Sell My Personal Information

3sge Ecu Reprogramming

CMOORE

I am trying to build my 1989 Celica for high speed racing.

Is there some way to get the ECU reprogrammed or replaced.

My info says it's limited to 112 mph.

What other mods would help. I'm limited to <2liters.

Thanks, Chuck

A good way to de-limit the car is to go for something like the Unichip which is a piggyback ECU, this not only de-restricts the car but maps the engine to the modifications you have done so therefore allowing better torque, power and fuel economy.

It's best to install the chip last else you will have to re-map the chip when you get other mods done...

Remembering the Unichip is only as good as the installation engineer I would talk to someone like Owen Developments in Oxford.

A good way to de-limit the car is to go for something like the Unichip which is a piggyback ECU, this not only de-restricts the car but maps the engine to the modifications you have done so therefore allowing better torque, power and fuel economy.

It's best to install the chip last else you will have to re-map the chip when you get other mods done...

Remembering the Unichip is only as good as the installation engineer I would talk to someone like Owen Developments in Oxford.

I am new to this area. What is a Unichip and where can I get info about this mod?

Thanks, Chuck

a uni chip is a piggy back ecu. meaning it sticks onto your existiong one and changes it accordingly.

you get it fitted and then they stick your car on the rollers and fine tune your engine using the unichip. it changes the fueling mixture and all that sort of stuff throughout the rev range. making your car run absolutly puuuuurfect. but like ryan says. the better the engineer the better the tuning is.

• 3 months later...

• 5 months later...

Or Racelogic do a Blitz chip which removes the speed limiter for uner £100.... if you can`t afford an aftermarket or Piggyback ECU just yet..

Hello!

i was just reading your replies, are all these celicas restricted??? i mean of that year 1989, mine is gen 4, but have never needed to go 130+ but am intrigued, i am gonna try now, i cant see it..........i drove a 1.8 golf gti at 115, its limit!

so cant believe u sayin its limited to 112mph????

or am i confused :wacko:

want to sort c-celia (her name) out, shes old but i like the drive, just having probs with replacing bushes! shes a bit rough wishbones and stuff :angry:

cheers :D

112mph is the speed at which all jap imports are restricted to i didn't think it applied to uk cars as well

another alternative to override the speed limiter in most JDM imports is by using a rev speed meter (RSM) .. not really cheap but its an alternative and u get to look at speed and RPM digitally as well as having extra functions such as 0-100kmh clocking and also 0-400m clocking .. :D

I've got a rev1 RSM .. and i'll be doing exactly that ..