Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

My Key Is Broken Need A Replacement !

luckyluke

:crybaby: I have a 2 button key for a rav 4 53 plate. can anyone tell me the cheapest way to replace the key. The actual fob part still opens and closes the car but the plastic surrounding the fob has snapped. So when it is placed in the ignition it is difficult to turn. I would assume that the electronic internal part of the key can be used again if i were to purchase another key. Any advice ???

have a chat with your local dealer. if your electronic internal part is still ok you can move that in a replacement key. the only thing what has to be done is the key cut...

Had the same problem. At the two year service they changed the Battery in the key fob. Suddenly a crack appeared at the base of the fob. I mentioned it to the dealer and they replaced it under the warranty.

I now know where I can get a blank as the internal transponder or fob is ok but still cant find a key cutter that does it cheaper than toyota as car is now out of warranty and toyota are charging £80 plus vat !!!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links