Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hey, U Know This?

paalo

dear yts freaks, im driving a chilli red yts since january 03 and im so proud of it!! I found u by chance and im happy to share tips&ricks here. There we go: my A/C is frikking me out. I wouldnt work at the beginning until the garage said the system wasnt filled with gas from the manufacturer. Then they did. Now when i boost it that makes the engine running unpredictably, revs go up&down either when the car is stopped and when is motion. The funny thingy is that it doesnt do it all the time so, garage thinks im one of those paranoid owner...has anyone had the same problem?

cheers paalo

I´m not sure i understand you correctly but on my CTS i notice that the engine at idle goes up a bit in rev. when the A/C is turned on because that A/C´s steal about 10% of your engine-power. I can also feel it when i drive, the engine seems to be a bit weaker when A/C is working but not much... this is normal...

Some car-manufacturers has solved the loss of power when the A/C goes on by disable the A/C automatically when you floor the pedal because you mabye wanna pass another car safely.

thanx marty for ur replay. i think that device that cuts the A/C off when flooring is absolutely magic&smart! When i boost the A/C the engine statrs to be funny -that is NOT the tipical power loss of the A/C when on. Also it does it only when i boost the A/C and not all the time. How can i explain it to the garage !!?? I am 100% confident there is a fault but unsure i will manage to sort it out as gargage already looked at it and said: thats all ok buddy!!

--original posting has a mispell u should read "It wouldnt" instaed of "I wouldnt"

its normal for the engine to surge when the AC is on.. it has to power the compressor

Hi paalo

Welcome to the club mate. Hope you enjoy the site and that you will find out useful tips from other users :yes:

I have got a yaris t sport and yes when you put the air con on you notice a drop in engine power. This is quite normal. I think that you notice this with smaller engine cc cars. Perhaps on say steve's soarer you wouldn't notice it as much??

jerry!!

Don't worry mate.

My mom's 1.0L is poor with the A/C on.. My 1.5L is a bit better but i always turn it off when overtaking etc...

I rarely use the A/C with my 1.0 cos it's such a performance sap (on the already limited supply :lol: )

It really, really does not like to have the A/C on at low revs, the poor car grumbles and splutters all the way :(

Unless it's causing serious power dips then it's normal