Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hello Aygo Blue, Goodbye Aygo Sport

bradburyss

Just read on the 4car website and others, the Aygo Black is to become a standard model. The Blue will be available but the Sport has been dropped. Instead you can have a pack that gives you alloy wheels, leather steering wheel and steel sill trims for £600.

I wonder if this means that a genuinely sporty Aygo is going to put in an appearance soon?

Paul.

I doubt there will be a genuinely sporty Aygo, think it's probably that the basic and + are the best sellers so Toyota has given owenrs of botht he chance to make them look sportier.

"It's not discontinued, it's now a Limited Edition" :yes:

Here's hoping that the sport version will hold it's value better than the other versions.

LOL, wishful thinking there adilmon methinks! According to most magazines it's the one that holds on to the least amount of it's value!

I guess the "sport" in the name conjurs up a "scary" or "exciting" feeling depending on the person.

I tried to hedge my bets regarding the resale value, so got the metallic paint, air-con, sport & diesel options.

It certainly is an emotive word. Not sure if the options you have specified will enhance the resale value (who can tell what the market will want in 2-3 years) but could make it easier to sell.

It will enhance our chance to sell at our asking price, which will be higher than that of an Aygo standard or + :)

It will be worth slightly more than the standard or + but nowhere near the difference that you paid for it over the others brand new (the + costs £500 over the standard but is only worth £200 more at 3 years old)

Well im quite happy with the price i paid, the air con was well worth it, as well as paying for the sport model. Doubt ill be selling the car for a long time, so it will be worth buger all anyway, and a few hundred quid is nothing compared to the amount it will lose over that time. :D

Very true!! Air con is worth every penny :)

do u think the genuine sport (if it exists) will have a bonnet big enuff to fit a 'sport' engine in it hehe :D

do u think the genuine sport (if it exists) will have a bonnet big enuff to fit a 'sport' engine in it hehe :D

Buy a diesel Aygo and throw plug & play diesel tuning chip in. It has got to be the simplest way to get a kick out of an Aygo with the fewest extra components and technical knowledge. (That's my plan at least)

Buy a diesel Aygo and throw plug & play diesel tuning chip in. It has got to be the simplest way to get a kick out of an Aygo with the fewest extra components and technical knowledge. (That's my plan at least)

The AYGO diesel is going as well I'm afraid! There are only a few 3&5dr AYGO + D-4D's left.

Seems to be some confusion as to whether the Blue has alloys.... the spec on the toyota configurator seems to say yes, but the model that I looked at today does not (confirmed by the dealership). No alloys for the price ....mkes it seem really expensive !

bluetooth adaptor wired into the roof but not sure that it is integrated into the stereo or a more simpler separate unit (I suspect the latter)

Colour is really nice though...

Deag

You do get air con though so it balances it out. After all the black has alloys but no air con and is the same price.

The AYGO diesel is going as well I'm afraid! There are only a few 3&5dr AYGO + D-4D's left.

Are you joking?!?!?!

That will defo make the diesel Aygo more attractive to those who want the spec, but can't stand the sight of a bulbous faced C1 . (like me)

I wonder what other versions toyota have up their sleeve?

Maybe;

- Aygo white, with sunroof as standard? (may also be called Aygo orange or Aygo brown)

- Aygo green, with LPG conversion as standard?

- Aygo pink, for the girls who's daddy is paying for their first car

I guess the diesel is going because the petrol is a lot cheaper and almost as economical. Is a shame as I prefer diesels but I couldn't justify the extra cost over the petrol.

I drove 17k miles last year and saved over £400 in fuel costs. (based on 45mpg petrol and 60mpg diesel).

Definitely no doubt that it will be more economical but the diesel is just under £1600 more expensive than the petrol so you would need to be doing that mileage over 4 years to get your money back on it. My petrol does 50mpg so then the difference drops to just over £200 a year or 8 years to break even.

Seems to be some confusion as to whether the Blue has alloys.... the spec on the toyota configurator seems to say yes, but the model that I looked at today does not (confirmed by the dealership). No alloys for the price ....mkes it seem really expensive !

Bluetooth adaptor wired into the roof but not sure that it is integrated into the stereo or a more simpler separate unit (I suspect the latter)

Colour is really nice though...

Deag

The bluetooth is the Genuine Toyota Kit designed in conjuction with Motorolla. It is fully integrated with the music system (i.e. cuts the radio when the phone rings and uses the existing Speakers in the car).

The Blue doesn't have alloys but if you get the Style pack it comes to about the same price as the AYGO Black with A/C. (Style Pack = Alloy wheels, front fog lights & scuff plates)

Seems Toyota have it wrong on the website then . . .

just 'built' a 3 door petrol blue with no options and it gives me this spec:

Audio

Audio, integrated unique fit with Liquid Crystal Display

AM/FM radio with pre-set settings

RDS with PTY, TA and EON settings

CD Player, single disc

Speakers - 6

Radio Aerial, roof mounted (front)

Auxilliary Input Socket

Body exterior

Door handles and mirrors, colour keyed

Front grille, Mesh effect

Metallic paint

Brakes

ABS - Electronically controlled

Electronic Brakeforce Distribution with Cornering Stability Control

Bumpers

Front and rear bumper, colour keyed with integrated corner mouldings

Convenience

bluetooth

Accessory power socket, front

Vanity mirrors, driver and front passenger, with cover

Doors

Doors - 3 position opening

Instruments

Fuel indicator with low fuel warning

Engine management warning

Lights On warning

Digital odometer with trip meter

Digital Clock

Fuel Cap location indicator

Rear foglamps indicator

Oil warning light

Interior trim

Door inserts - moulded

Carpet mats with blue stitching

Gear shift knob - Leather trimmed with blue stitching

Door Scuff Plates - Aluminium effect

Glove box Lid

Blue bezels

Lights

Fog Lamp - rear with auto cancelling

Electronic headlamp levelling

High Mounted Stop Lamp

Red tone rear light cluster

Interior light - front

Locks

Central locking with remote activation

Transponder key engine immobiliser

Security window etching linked to 24hr ISR helpline

Steering column lock

Vehicle parts marking - major parts traceable to VIN

Lockable boot and fuel cap

Loadspace

Fully trimmed boot

Rear parcel shelf - removable

Storage

Glove box tray

Storage pocket in central console

Storage box in centre console

Storage bins- front doors

Cupholder - front x2

Rear storage bins

Safety

Airbags - Driver & front passenger

Airbags - Driver & front passenger, lateral (Side)

Passenger airbag cut off switch

Seatbelts - front with electronic sensing, pre-tensioner & force limiter

Seatbelts - two with Emergency Locking Retractor

Driver seatbelt warning

Child seat fixings - ISO-FIX

Headrests - front, integrated

Headrests - two rear height adjustable

Side impact beams on all side doors

Seats

Recline and slide adjustment - driver & passenger manual

50/50 split/fold rear seat back

4 seat capacity

Upholstery - cloth

Steering

Power Assisted Steering - speed sensitive

Adjustable steering column - stepless tilt

Steering wheel 3-spoke

Transmission

5 speed manual

Ventilation

Air conditioning system - manual

Pollen filter

Visibility

Front wipers - Twin speed & fixed intermittent

Front windows - electric

Sun visors - driver & front passenger

Rear screen - heated

Rear wipers - continual sweep

Exterior mirrors - internally manual adjustable

Glass - green tinted

Warranty

Three year / 60,000 mile mechanical warranty

Three year unlimited mileage paint warranty

Twelve year unlimited mileage anti corrosion perforation warranty

Wheels

14" 8-spoke alloy wheels with locking wheelnuts

Full size spare wheel

Agreed. I too thought that the dealer would have had it wrong... but I have seen two blues "in the flesh" - up close and personal ....and sadly can confirm no standard alloys.

Can get a 107 urban with a 1K discount from peugeot at the mo. Plus any dealer discount (expect a few hundred)... so I can't make the maths work for the Aygo - despite the lovely blue colour !

Deag.