Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Nintendo Wii ... Any Good?

Jimlad

Cos I just bought one online.... lol.

Should be here in a few days. Sonic, Wario Moves (or something) and Wii sports.

Why do I need one when I have a 360? .... lol.

Awe man, you're gonna love it! Had ours just before Chrimbo and boy did the muscles ache to start with playing Wii Sport!

Great for all round fun with all your family & friends

BTW did you order extra wii remotes and nunchuks? Also get your AA batteries in, the remotes are quite thirsty!

OOOOOOOOH! the drunken nights infront of thw Wii :lol:

Brilliant fun.. tenpin bowling is superb fun.. esp with a few beers inside.

Checkout Call of Duty..or Red Steel the control method useing the Wimote is quite good.

Excite Truck off road 4x4 racing is fairly good too.

So... what are the top 5 games you recommend??

I want....

Paper Mario (not out yet)

Zelda

I don't know what else!!?

I was going to recommend Paper Mario, I have it, but still haven't ordered a Wii yet lol :blink: I was trying to order the console a few weeks back but availability was Zero :crybaby:

I'd highly recommend Red Steel, we've bought a few games for it that have ended up on eBay but Red Steel is a keeper! I have heard Zelda is good but not played that yet and you can't really go wrong with a bit of Mario.

I've pre ordered Resident Evil Wii due for release May 2008 :rolleyes:

Is Paper Mario out??

I've also ordered Zelda. So that should be here soon! :D

Does it have a web browser? Also, what's with it not having a HD ? ... lol.

Also..... I think it'll be a bit hit and miss with games. A bit like the GC and N64. But sod it.... the good games will be worth it! :)

Another question...

Do USA games work on the Wii??

Or do you need to use the Freeloader cd from the GC?

Paper Mario is out in November. You can surf the net, haven't set that up but it looks a lot of fun as your Wii Mii can wander onto other's game play! You can pop a SD card in the front and there are all sorts of things you can do to photos.

I've used a component cable to link it to my flat screen TV and it's awesome (although the SCART did just as well). Because the graphics are no X Box or PS3, it doesn't matter that it's not HD.

We're GC and N64 fans, and because all the games for GC are playable on the Wii with the GC controller, you can still get your fill of Mario Kart Double Dash :thumbsup: !!!

Not tried USA games, but there was a big deal about the USA Wii not working in this country, PAL/NTSC etc

You can download a web browser from the shop channel (it's free). You may have to run an update on your Wii first tho.

Zelda is a must, that'll consume 40 hours of you life.

Red steel is ok, but I got bored of it, the sword fights kind of ruin it after a bit.

Excite truck's very good, I think of it as SSX only with monster trucks!

Metal Slug Anthology is good if you want an old fashioned arcade game.

Monkey ball is PANTS!!! STAY AWAY FROM IT!!!!

USA games won't run on a standard wii, but you can get it chipped. There's a few different chips floating around, I'd recommend the WiiKey.

That's about all the advice I can offer just now.

Monkey ball is PANTS!!! STAY AWAY FROM IT!!!!

I second that, that was one that ended up on eBay. Love both the Monkey Balls on the GC, very dissapointed with Banana Blitz.

Was thinking about getting Metal Slug... ummm, I might pop to Game and spend my b'day money lunchtime!

I would chip it like I have my previous Xbox, and I've fettled with the 360 also.

But this is the gf's and mine, so I'm not allowed to open it up! :(

Also went into town and bought Wii play (which comes with another remote) and I also bought another nunchuck thing. lol.

I would chip it like I have my previous Xbox, and I've fettled with the 360 also.

But this is the gf's and mine, so I'm not allowed to open it up! :(

What if you got someone else to open it up???? Does that loop-hole the agreement? :D

:D good choice matey. Just play it on a friday when you have time off the next two days due to muscule pain lol its a killer at first. I threw myself around on baseball and bowling etc on the sports games. Then my housemates brother showed me and the mrs all you have to do is flick your wrist and arm a bit not swing into thin air like a mad bugger :P

Its awesome fun though and cheap gaming too. Also making your own character is hilarious!!! we have ones in boxing like off rocky (mr T is awesome!!!)

Look what the postie just brought.....

Mmmm.....

image-upload-9-727343.jpg

Lovely. It's made out of the stuff that the xbox should have been made from. lol.

PS .... I could only find one place that sold them.

Simplygame.com

Next day delivery too!

You've only had it a few hours and you've broken it already?????? :blink:

Mine just has the usual red 'stand-by' light when switched off :thumbsup:

Where the cd goes glows blue. Sorta slowly pulses!

Doesn't do it when it's switched on tho?... looks kinda cool.

My light is yellow when on standby.

I want to download all the games!!! Retro is cool.

Liking the Wii so far. Looks good from the outside and when it's on (not the gfx, nothing compared to the 360). I just like the whole "nintendo" feel of it.

I warned you about the graphics! Are you using the supplied SCART? Get yourself a component cable and all the Nintendo colours come to life!

Have you downloaded anything good?

I've ordred a component cable.

Not downloaded anything yet.

Is it just me or is Zelda a direct port of the GC version with the new controls of the Wii? The graphics look VERY GC.