Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Slight Coolant Leak

armoredfist2002

Found some nice pink crystals under my bonnet earlier, after searching for a few moments I found a nice big pink lump by one of the pulleys on the bottom of the engine, not 100% sure where it's coming from, but is the water pump around the bottom of the left hand side of the engine? Hope it's not a problem with that.

Anyone know if it could end up being a serious problem or not.

thanks

it is coming from the waterpump... its not to bad, if you get it fixed in time (just make sure there is still colant in the cooler)

its easy to change the waterpump if you know what you are doing...

yeah i had the same thing on my tsport

is easy to change should take no more than 1 hour to swap out

Found some nice pink crystals under my bonnet earlier, after searching for a few moments I found a nice big pink lump by one of the pulleys on the bottom of the engine, not 100% sure where it's coming from, but is the water pump around the bottom of the left hand side of the engine? Hope it's not a problem with that.

Anyone know if it could end up being a serious problem or not...

I had the same issue too. I had it replaced -- should not be the problem if it's a small leak but if it gets broken your engine could be damaged seriously. I suggest buying a new one.

cleaned it all off, I had nothing yesterday afternoon after driving, but today i've only driven 10 miles and there's more pink spatter on the bonnet.

Seems a bit of a short life, as the car is only just 3 years old, and the warranty was up just less than a month ago.

Maybe Mr T will be generous.

cleaned it all off, I had nothing yesterday afternoon after driving, but today i've only driven 10 miles and there's more pink spatter on the bonnet.

Seems a bit of a short life, as the car is only just 3 years old, and the warranty was up just less than a month ago.

Maybe Mr T will be generous.

I heard from Mr T that it was a common issue with the leaking pump - maybe they will be generous ;)

Just out of warranty as well - what a bugger. I hope Toyota are sympathetic, but it depends what your local dealer's like. Its the first I've heard of water pumps going on the Yaris, though there is a post in the main Yaris forum about one going after 18 months. Will have to keep a look out on the inside of my bonnet. Let us know how you get on.

Its a wellknown problem here in Denmark, specially those produced in France (not the T-sports). I´ve seen one, just driving of the autotransport with 5Km on the clock where the waterpump was leaking...

Bloke I usually deal with is off sick for the next 2 weeks, so I can't ask him see whether they could do it or not, but someone else in Toyota said they want £40 just to look at it and see if it is the water pump.

I took my boss to pick up his 4x4 after having new discs & pads fitted, I used to have my old punto fixed by this garage. One look at it and he said it was the water pump but it is only a slight leak for now, and he quoted me £82 for new pump, fitted and inc. V.A.T.

If toyota won't do it, screw them i'll get it done at the other place.

Ring Toyota customer relations explain the situation say the car is 1 month out of warranty and that it has been serviced at the recommended intervals without fail and see what they can offer.