Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Removing Battery

eiriksmil

Hi there,

I'm about to remove the Battery on the Verso, it looks bad so I need to clean it. However, I'm used to old Daihatsus, where the amount of electricity is limited compared to the Verso. Will a removal of the Battery reset anything, or do I have to do something before/after I have removed and installed the Battery?

Eirik

ermm, youll lose ur radio settings, and if its off for long enough your ECU will reset, tho this wont do anything.

just disconnect and re-connect the terminals in the right order and ull be fine

:thumbsup:

The ECU thing works as a re-flash if I have understood it correctly on previous discussions? If you've installed modifications, you disconnect the Battery and the mods are more accepted after?

Anyway, it's first the minus then the plus when disconnecting, while it's plus on and then minus for connecting?

Thanks!

Eirik

I use my car so little so I always disconnect the Battery when I park the car and It works without any problems (radio and clock is reset..) I had problem that the Battery was dead when that car was parked for more than a week. Thats right disconnect with minus and connect with minus (ground).

Thats right disconnect with minus and connect with minus (ground).

What did you mean now? That I shall do it the following way?

1. Disconnect black (-)

2. Disconnect red (+)

3. Re-connect red (+)

4. Re-connect black (-)

or

1. Disconnect black (-)

2. Disconnect red (+)

3. Re-connect black (-)

4. Re-connect red (+)

I'm hoping to do this today, so I need the info quick-ish. Or, I know the disconnecting bit, and it takes some time to clean up, but I hope to have the car running by the evening.

After a Google search combined with what I think, it's the fist procedure. Thanks!

Oh, and resetting to my driving style.. That means I will get a sportier car now than earlier? As I shift on high rpms and use much gas whenever I can.

Eirik

Eirik

The correct procedure is as your first sequence.

The BLACK Negative earth should always be disconnected first and reconnected last.

No sparks that way :thumbsup:

Yes, exactly what I thought. I couldn't see why it should be otherwise, but Yaris Verso confused me (I'm sure he meant the same way, but I didn't get that from his post)

However, sparks are fun! biggrin_upper.gif

Eirik

However, sparks are fun! biggrin_upper.gif

Eirik

Sparks can cause expensive bangs :blowup: ;)

Sparks can cause expensive bangs :blowup: ;)

Yes, the car can blow up if there's a fuel leak. Expensive bangs are also very fun biggrin_upper.gif

Eirik

• 2 months later...
I use my car so little so I always disconnect the battery when I park the car and It works without any problems (radio and clock is reset..) I had problem that the battery was dead when that car was parked for more than a week. Thats right disconnect with minus and connect with minus (ground).

Blimey! your Battery must be knackered! I leave my car for months and still have great power. Still on the orig. Battery too, after 5 years! :yahoo:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links