Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

20k Service Is Almost Here

Andie_M

:blink:

right so at then end of this month... i shall have owned my baby 2 for a year....

and racked up 20,000 miles!!!! :huh:

so the 20k service is just around the corner... sitting at about 18,970 just now....

right... so what does the 20k service check and how much is it gonna rob me????

cant believe i have owned my baby car almost a year!!! i still LOVE it like the first day!!! (well all except my fuel bill!)

For Toyota that's pretty average mileage as they do services every year or 10k miles, whichever is sooner.

Pretty sure that's a full service, according to my service manual they change oil and oil filter, brake fluid and check everything else. If it needs it they'll replace it. Get yer money ready cause they know how to charge! Worth it though for a TFSH

20K!!!

I've had mine 2 years and only just past 10K :lol:

......Hi all.......my car is coming up to 2yrs old (july 2005) i bought it,, am i askin same question coz i wandered what Mr T will do as regarding its 2nd service??? bout 10k mileage as well..... :wacko:

......Hi all.......my car is coming up to 2yrs old (july 2005) i bought it,, am i askin same question coz i wandered what Mr T will do as regarding its 2nd service??? bout 10k mileage as well..... :wacko:

Here's a check list for 30,000km's or 24 months (which ever comes first) :thumbsup:

MR21.jpg

MR22.jpg

MR23.jpg

:thumbsup: thanks for that Les ,,though being mechanically challenged it went right over myhead..what monies will i be expected to payfor sucha service?????

:thumbsup: thanks for that Les ,,though being mechanically challenged it went right over myhead..what monies will i be expected to payfor sucha service?????

Scroll up a couple of posts :rolleyes: :P :lol:

i cant afford 250 :( ive got a holiday to go on!!!!! grrrrr

Mr T is too expensive... think i'll ask for a quote before just to be sure!

i cant afford 250 :( ive got a holiday to go on!!!!! grrrrr

Mr T is too expensive... think i'll ask for a quote before just to be sure!

Be careful :unsure:

If you miss a service or have it done at a none Toyota garage you could have problems with your warranties :shutit:

As per a thread of mine further down the Roadster forum, what about silver & gold servicing?

Not sure if this is relevant for cars still in their warranty period, but it is a cheaper option. I recently had my 6yr/60k service done this way and it saved me around £100.

Under European legislation your warranty WILL NOT be affected if you use an independent non-Toyota garage.

EU legislation was brought in, several-years-ago, to combat anti-competitive behavour which was rife amongst some motor manufacturers/franchise operators.

However the car MUST be serviced according to the manufacturer's specification by competent staff. I understand that a VAT registered garage/service centre using trained mechanics is deemed as competent.

There's a grey area around the legislation which means that a car serviced to the required standard by a DIYer could be deemed as not meeting the manufacturer's standards. I assume this is because a DIYer can not prove he/she has the competence to make a professional objective judgement of the state of brake pipes, suspension components etc., even if they know how to change an air filter/oil filter - unless they can prove their competence.

Regards

Dave

That's why I said "Could" be a problem ;)

We all know that any possible 3rd party warranty work might be a tad, Slower-Complicated-Drawn out-Difficult-Refused (tick as appropriate :yes: )

Les :thumbsup:

I'm keen to spread the word about the changes to restrictive practices. Although the law has been clarified it's not the sort of information you are likely to find at the local dealership!

Nevertheless, Les, as usual your advice is spot on. Those brave enough to use an independent garage whilst their car is under warranty may well find a franchised dealer "extremely busy" when it comes to warranty work that requires special manufacturers' tools!!

Anyone out there experienced such a situation?

• 1 month later...

done and dusted :D

about 150 squid in total so im pretty chuffed with it :)

only another 6 months and ill prob be ready for the 30k service HAHA!

two rear tyres getting put on just shorter before i turn in to a constant sideways rear ender....

oh and front and back disks and pads.... overuse of word and there i do apologise... tiredness n all!

The discs & pads seem to be quite a common problem on the Roadster. I had my front discs & pads done and my rears were advisories for my MOT. Looked back through the servicing and they had been done at 20K too!

Glad it didn't cost you too much, I think £150 isn't too bad considering.

was well chuffed with the cost! cheaper the better... been spending money like crazy stylee the now... holidays in 3 weeks! lol

Good price Andie :thumbsup:

Make sure you fit the same make tyres on the rear, mixing brands especially on the Roadster can have unpleasant results :shutit:

Les

have no choice but to mix

its bridgestones that are goin on rear... got vredsteins on front

• 2 weeks later...

..well chaps ,, had my 2yr service done at MR T in Wigan...£129.00 in total ,, and i will pat myself on the back as the commented on how very cleamn my car was kept....BIg pat on the back to me..LOL :yahoo:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links