Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Central Locking Please Help

BoltonDave

Hi this is my first post but been reading topics on here for months my question is i have a 1999 freetronic gls yaris with central locking i have two buttons on my key >> locking and unlocking when i press the lock button the doors all lock except the boot i have to walk around to it and manual lock it but when i press the unlock button it unlocks the doors and boot is this standard or do i have a fault somewhere thanks for the help :ffs:

I’ve read about this issue before.

It’s to do with either locking your boot with the key then using the remote to lock the car, or vice versa.

Stick your key in the boot and lock it, then lock the car with the remote, then open the car with the remote and the boot should unlock (via the central locking)

Or try it the other way, unlock the boot with the key, then unlock the car with the remote, then lock it with the remote and all the doors and boot should be locked.

It needs to get back into sequence.

:thumbsup:

OK, just checked the hand book.

Do the same procedure but instead of using the remote to lock/unlock the doors, use the key instead.

“Vehicles with a power door lock system – All the side doors and back door lock and unlock simultaneously with either front side door”

It also says about the boot that once you lock it by the key you can unlock it only by the key.

OK, just checked the hand book.

Do the same procedure but instead of using the remote to lock/unlock the doors, use the key instead.

“Vehicles with a power door lock system – All the side doors and back door lock and unlock simultaneously with either front side door”

It also says about the boot that once you lock it by the key you can unlock it only by the key.

thanks for that i had a quick go but with no end result same thing didnt work thanks for the help

• 1 year later...

Did you fix your boot lock problem?

I think I have the same problem and the lock/sync fix mentioned here didn't work for me either.

The boot was working fine until I pressed the button at the same time my wife locked the car.

:(

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links