Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Sera Engine Swop! Help!

Showcar Sera

I've just brought a Toyota sera and it's sloooooow.

The engine has done a few ks too so I was thinking I could change it for a 20v or something.

Are there any problems that arise with installing a 20v in a sera and if so what other engine could i use that has power?!

Also I'm wanting a mean bodykit hopefully a wide bodykit but all the kits I've looked at are lame.

I want something lot different but not geeky if you know what i mean.

4e-fte is the best swap for 'easy' power. Its the engine from a ep82/91 starlet. Bodykits arent too common so a custom one may be the easiest.

There are plenty of kits for the Sera, Car Imports Australia or Xracing are probably your best bet, although there are several Japanese aftermarket kits available.

Engine wise the 4E-FTE is the easiest way to more power, it reduces the engine to a 1.3, but the turbo and tuning potential ( loads of stuff available for the Glanza engine ) can make a huge difference. This engine is virtually a straight swap too.......all the mounts and connectors are the same as the Standard Sera engine !

20v is possibly but you'll need to make almost everything - engine mounts, a heck of a lot of wiring, exhaust, driveshafts... You'll have to ditch air con which I wouldn't want to do in a Sera due to the large glass area

4E-FTE (starlet turbo) is easy or you can create a 1500 hybrid using Starlet turbo parts (same bore size / different stroke)

The engine has done a few ks too so I was thinking I could change it for a 20v or something.

Are there any problems that arise with installing a 20v in a sera and if so what other engine could i use that has power?!

Also I'm wanting a mean bodykit hopefully a wide bodykit but all the kits I've looked at are lame.

Awesome thanks alot for you guys help ! I think i will put a starlet turbo engine in, it sounds like the best option.

• 2 weeks later...

Awesome thanks alot for you guys help ! I think i will put a starlet turbo engine in, it sounds like the best option.

IMO you should built it up as a 1,5 Turbo! Putting out around 220-240hp should be very possible at a reasonable cost!

IMO you should built it up as a 1,5 Turbo! Putting out around 220-240hp should be very possible at a reasonable cost!

reasonable cost? you'd have to use a bigger turbo etc. also uprate the fuel and spark system,new ecu, cost of building the engine etc.etc.... it'll cost a lot mate

• 2 weeks later...
reasonable cost? you'd have to use a bigger turbo etc. also uprate the fuel and spark system,new ecu, cost of building the engine etc.etc.... it'll cost a lot mate

Aye, it will.

The Starlet turbo option is a factory built, proven engine that drops straight in. There are plenty of people who have gone a different route with the Sera and lived to regret it.

Aye, it will.

The Starlet turbo option is a factory built, proven engine that drops straight in. There are plenty of people who have gone a different route with the Sera and lived to regret it.

I KNOW...... im one of them!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links