Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Halfords Have Killed My Electrics

silversurfer

hi people i need help Big time.

i took my beloved surf to Halfords for the free stereo fitting...

since that dark and faitfull day i have had No interior lights no clock no radio. even the power arial dont work. :crybaby:

i have checked the fuses. they are all ok

please any ideas>

ta silversurfer..

Halfords fan :censor:

i <3 halfrauds too .

Our local is run by corsa's loving ned's .

More silly spoilers and neon lights than you can shake a stick at .

Have you taken the car back to Halfords.. do they know it was them who caused it.. do you know it was them who caused it?

If was down to Halfords, you must give them a chance to correct any faults they have caused.. if they can't.. see a lawer and keep any bills you incur for future proof of losses so you can recover them.

and ask for a free haynes manual from them so that you can put their mistakes right yourself next time !

Good luck mate

C'mon guys!

I'm the Store manager of Halfords here and that's a bit harsh! Not every Halfords is full of muppets !!

I do 80% of fits, I'm fully IMI accredited to hardwire stereos etc, amongst other things.

Was the stereo a simple plug and play (with a Toyota Harness) or was it a hardwire? If it was just using a loom and connecting it to the car loom and the stereo, then tbh there's nothing much can go wrong.

It just seems a bit funny that your interior lights, clocks etc are out also.

It sounds like it's almost defo a fuse (or several?) that have gone. I've never seen interior lights running the same power feed etc as a stereo before. I know you said you checked, but have you checked every single fuse? Not just the ones that are marked for the radio etc?

The power aerial should be an easy fix. (most probably didn't connect the remote wire from the stereo to the aerial feed).

Was the stereo working when you left?

Take it back to the shop and explain what happened. If it was my shop, I'd check all fuses personally, check the wiring over and then take it from there. If there was nothing I could do and had exhausted all avenues, then I would send the customer to an auto-electricians to get the car looked at.

If it came back that whatever was wrong with the car was down to the fitter, then I would offer compensation/money for the repair bill. But this would have to be proved.

Stop slating Halfords. It really does get on my !Removed!!!!

C'mon guys!

I'm the Store manager of Halfords here and that's a bit harsh! Not every Halfords is full of muppets !!

I do 80% of fits, I'm fully IMI accredited to hardwire stereos etc, amongst other things.

Was the stereo a simple plug and play (with a Toyota Harness) or was it a hardwire? If it was just using a loom and connecting it to the car loom and the stereo, then tbh there's nothing much can go wrong.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have taken it back twice. but the fitter allways tells me because its an import he does not know witch wire goes where. :ffs:

as for the lights i told him about that and he checked all wires together ect and the lights came on.

but then he disconnected it again??? :wacko:

i'm not saying All Halfords staff a morons just the majority.

i love my car and have to drive lots of miles so when you listen to the same c.d 3 times a trip it does your head in.

wheres your store i think i'll bring it to you. lol

the fitter ripped off the old plugs and tried to fit new ones i thought why not use an addaptor?

but ' he's the expert' :drool:

vac6_tn.gif

C'mon guys!

It's a sad fact that bad experiences (true or false) are always posted,very few will post up complements. :( Halfords seems to be the target for plenty of unfair and unwarranted comments because "everybody" does it, I'll bet that most people here have bought something from them and not had a problem but will jump on the "Halfrauds" knocking bandwaggon ;)

I buy all my cleaning stuff from there and always like looking round (the same as I like looking round B & Q (yep, I'm sad :P )).

Les

i got my head unit from them, and while it took ages, i found out they had to remove the whole center console they did alright, it was free too, their computer said i had to order an areal adapter and a bracket, but they didn't need the bracket so refunded me £30. then when my stereo broke the lad replaced it all free and gave me a new one, even offered me the chance to get the next model up with bluetooth because it was only a few quid dearer than i originally paid, grimsby store is alright :)

Must admit a few of the guys i've spoken to know their stuff.

Even though i fit my HU's myself they are still very willing to help diagnose problems. :thumbsup:

J

C'mon guys!

It's a sad fact that bad experiences (true or false) are always posted,very few will post up complements. :( Halfords seems to be the target for plenty of unfair and unwarranted comments because "everybody" does it, I'll bet that most people here have bought something from them and not had a problem but will jump on the "Halfrauds" knocking bandwaggon ;)

I buy all my cleaning stuff from there and always like looking round (the same as I like looking round B & Q (yep, I'm sad :P )).

Les

You're not wrong - bought a few things from Halfords over the years - never had a problem with anything, but at the same time I've never asked for advice or had anything fitted

C'mon guys!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have taken it back twice. but the fitter allways tells me because its an import he does not know witch wire goes where. :ffs:

as for the lights i told him about that and he checked all wires together ect and the lights came on.

but then he disconnected it again??? :wacko:

i'm not saying All Halfords staff a morons just the majority.

i love my car and have to drive lots of miles so when you listen to the same c.d 3 times a trip it does your head in.

wheres your store i think i'll bring it to you. lol

the fitter ripped off the old plugs and tried to fit new ones i thought why not use an addaptor?

but ' he's the expert' :drool:

I would ask if the fitter is IMI accredited to do Hardware fits. If so, he should know what he's doing. If not, he shouldn't be touching your car.

I'm in Scotland. Bring your car here and I'll sort it. lol

vac6_tn.gif

Why do I have a hoover at the bottom of my post?!?!?

That was me........tidying up !

( HTML Housekeeping ! )

That is true.....ull never hear many people saying how good they were served or the product they bought was excellent, just like gamblers u only hear when they win!!!! ;)

but i would just take it back and get them solve the problem as it wasnt there before at the end of the day!!!

ure entitled to that at least!! :D

hi people i need help Big time.

i took my beloved surf to halfords for the free stereo fitting...

since that dark and faitfull day i have had No interior lights no clock no radio. even the power arial dont work. :crybaby:

i have checked the fuses. they are all ok

please any ideas>

ta silversurfer..

halfords fan :censor:

i also work for Halfords a i like to think i have a good reputation i am an accredited imi aproved fitter and have also had the training to train other ppl.

your aerial does it have a button to make it go up? on the mk2 mr2 i know they have 2 wires of not there is 2 wires you have to do to make the aeriel wor which i belive is a red and black and a pink and black so that should sort the aeriel out

you will prberly find that one of the fuses namely the ignition fuse for the radio has gone and took your interior light and clock with it the best way to trace which wire it is, is use a test light or miltimetre and see if there is a power feed with the keys out if not it means the permenant feed had gone and look for the fuse that will proberly be the clock with it been permenantly fed to keep the time then turn the ignition so th light come on the dash the do the same and then you should be sorted

Hope this helps if you need anymore info let me know

First of all a Big thanks for the advice will look at it in the morning.

second i did not mean to diss ALL Halfords staff..... most of them know there stuff and i have brought other stuff from them that did and does work its just the village idiot of a fitter at my local store.

only been on this site for a very short time and found you all welcoming.

p.s wish me luck my wifes due to drop any week now ( 3 kids need a t.v in the bedroom)

Thanks ss :thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links